NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blops 2 Zombies

5 posters

Go down

Blops 2 Zombies Empty Blops 2 Zombies

Post by Shane Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Well maybe I'm daft, but I tried to play this solo and have now spent 20 minutes staring at a screen that says "Creating lobby...." under the solo menu. I'm kind of hoping it doesn't work like this online as well because right now it's kind of pissing me off.
Shane
Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Blops 2 Zombies Empty Re: Blops 2 Zombies

Post by mythus Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Before it worked just fine Shane, but a buddy told me that there was a crap of hacking going on. They may be in the process of fixing it now. Try the Transit mode it can be done solo or group.
mythus
mythus
Combat Knife Expert
Combat Knife Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:21 pm

I can do them in custom mode but not solo. So far not really impressed but that's just me being old and slow.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:27 am

Its not quite the same as the old style Zombies Shane.
It seems much more fast paced these days with a real need to always be on the move and to work out a more complex strategy than just all holding up in one area. It seems thats the way they want you to play these days as even in the 1st Blops they always seemed to have something in there that threw a spanner in the works of most camping stratagies.
I also feel that overall the Zombies seem stronger than before but that may just be a case of getting used to playing Zombies again.

Also the two survival maps seem really small to me. They are certainly much smaller than a lot of the older maps but i guess they have actually been designed to be played in the Tranzit mode where you keep moving between a number of locations.

I wish i had the Nuketown Zombie map tho to compare that as well.
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:12 am

I realize that but still they are dark, and trying to find anything in that mess didn't impress me. I also wasn't impressed with getting killed by zombies reaching through windows who seemed to be able to reach me but I couldn't get to them. Twice I was killed before I could even get a shot off. I saw them, I start to push the button to fire, I'm dead. All this from a good 5-6' away from the window. Visually the maps are great but that doesn't make it any fun for me to play.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:34 am

Yeah the Zombies do seem to have an extraordinary reach through the windows this time and i also noticed that its actually a lot harder to stab them through the window as well now which i used to do a lot on the old maps in the first 2 to 3 rounds for the extra points boost.

Also there seems to be so much fire around its hard sometimes not to take damage when just moving around let alone when Zombies are chasing you.

Im not sure if its available on the Survival mode but in Tranzit i found a great new perk called Tombstone. It costs 2k and once you have it equipped it means if you go down and fail to get revived then it drops a Tombstone in the place that you died. Then when you come back at the start of the next round if you run over and grab the tombstone it then gives you back all the perks, guns and ammo you had at the point that you went down. Great Perk to have as you can get right back into the fight again instead of trying to fight off Zombies with no perks and the crappy starting gun while trying to rebuy everything with little or no cash.

Also ive not tried them yet but i have heard one of the best weapons in the game is a set of Electified Knuckle dusters. They are 6k so not cheap tho are supposed to be worth it. Cant wait to try them out at some point.
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:20 am

It seems that solo did decide to work last night and I'm still not impressed. More death by reloading because it takes so much to kill anything. I guess it just isn't mp that takes everything and then some to kill anything.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Okay so Jess and I tried the Farm on survival mode easy and made it to round 14 before we ran out of bullets. Yes it went much better with 2 of us. We probably got lucky in the box being on the porch upstairs in the farm house so we could hold up there until we ran out of ammo, which is really what did us in I think. So it did go much better than my earlier reports. Very Happy
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:45 am

It was great fun, I think round 14 was pretty good, and I'm sure we'd have done better with more than 2 of us too. It was reloading that did me in, not enough time to reload before I could revive you Shane, sorry.

Great plan, don't get burned, go to the farmhouse and hold up. I like it Very Happy

Hope someone else will join us next time, maybe Sunday night Question
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:31 am

So I set up a game to warm up in case Jess could make it last night and Zem joined me part way through. So lessons we learned from this. You can join games in session now. Zem came in when I was on round 9. In the custom menu, DO NOT shut of magic. I was running around thinking I had missed an area of the map because there was no box, then I realized we weren't getting any insta kills, max ammos, or any of that. So we had a shotgun, MP5, and the electrified knuckles. Which brings me to the final lesson, buy those knuckles as soon as you can as they are a one hit kill, until around level 14 when we finally went down and it was more like a 2 hit kill, which really wasn't bad since we had to buy ammo all the way through the game.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:31 am

I'm hoping to be on tonight, you can invite Shane, then I wont mess up any setup Very Happy
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:33 am

Yeah sure let me do it. Laughing
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:34 pm

Oh oh ohh it's magic, you knowww. just remember to not click the option
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:16 am

Round 16 with 3 of us last night. I can see round 20 ahead Very Happy
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:05 am

I was hoping to get on and join last night but my lower Back is playing up again at the mo and so i was flat out in Bed by 8pm and didnt get up again after that!
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:16 am

That's not a bad thing either Dazz. Sometimes you just need to do what your body tells you to do.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down