NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playstaion 4 News!!!

+4
Shane
DazzaFett
Jessica
madd_rocker
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Playstaion 4 News!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Playstaion 4 News!!!

Post by GlennBacca Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:42 pm

This update sounds pretty good and I definitely look forward to it. But still I think the one thing they really should add is notifications for when people sign on or off. I really don't understand why they thought it would be a good idea to remove it...

GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:02 pm

Glenn, I've heard that because you can have up to 2000 people on your friends list on PS4 (who the hell would want that many?) they felt that many notifications would be distracting to your game play. Like that damn joining party notification is any less distracting, especially when you have someone who seems to join a party every 30 seconds or so.

Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennBacca Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:34 am

Shane wrote:Glenn, I've heard that because you can have up to 2000 people on your friends list on PS4 (who the hell would want that many?) they felt that many notifications would be distracting to your game play. Like that damn joining party notification is any less distracting, especially when you have someone who seems to join a party every 30 seconds or so.

I see their point but why can't give the players the option and let them decide for themselves? And you're right, who would want (or for that matter, need) 2000 people on their friends list? I have 100-105, something like that, and that is already way more than I actually need...
But their logic doesn't even make any sense with the joining parties notifications. Say you have a full friends list of 2000 people. Yes it would be a lot of notifications. But when a lot of people are online and keep joining parties all the time it will give you just as many, if not more, notifications....
I've lost count of how many times it has told someone joined a party and then literally 5 seconds later a new message that the same person joined a new party. It gets quite annoying. I'm definitely turning off that notification the next time I'm on PS 4. Been meaning to do it but keep forgetting it lol

GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:28 am

The update is out now. If you set you PS4 to standby when you shut down it should be ready to install. BTW there is no standby mode anymore, it's called rest. What little I looked at looked nice, some changes but nothing radical other than Share play and cleaning up some of the menus.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennBacca Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:37 am

It looks good so far. Like Shane said nothing radical.
I wish they would bring back the option to sort games/apps in maps like you could on the PS 3. If you go to the library on PS 4 it will show you all games and apps you've downloaded even if you've deleted it, and it just feels like a mess to be honest...
GlennBacca
GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:56 am

It did say the library content could be sorted/ filtered but I didn't have time to look and see how to do it. Not like I have that much there.

I do have a nice grey/steel background now though. I could light up the living room with some of those color options. Shocked
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennBacca Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:55 am

Shane wrote:It did say the library content could be sorted/ filtered but I didn't have time to look and see how to do it. Not like I have that much there.

I do have a nice grey/steel background now though. I could light up the living room with some of those color options. Shocked

Hm, I didn't see that. Ok, so for now I retract my statement lol

I chose the blue background with the darker colours. I love blue but that default one was too bright. The worst one was the red one I think. Jeez you could light up an entire hotel with that background Shocked
GlennBacca
GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:24 am

That was my thought when I scrolled across it Glenn. Wow!!
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:34 pm

I'll put this here but after playing AW on the PS3 the last couple of nights I've discovered that the PS3 controller feels tiny now. So I did a little research and found this.

By Wesley Yin-Poole Published 02/07/2014

It's possible to get your PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 controller working wirelessly with your PlayStation 3 following a recent update to the console.

Sony recently issued a new update for the PS3 that quietly added support for the DualShock 4 controller without the use of a micro USB cable. Previously you had to use a cable for it to work.

Reddit user shafiggy16 noticed the change, and we've verified it works.

Here's how to get set up:

After downloading the PS3 update, you need to register your DualShock 4 as a Bluetooth device, which requires you hold down the PS and Share buttons once you've disconnected it from USB.

After doing that, you'll be able to use the DualShock 4 wirelessly, but it acts as a generic controller, so there are some features that do not work, such as rumble and Sixasis Motion.

And it doesn't work with certain games, too, such as Gran Turismo 6 (there's an in-development compatibility list over on PlayStation Trophies which is worth a look). But Dark Souls 2, for example, works fine.

Here are the steps:

1)Plug in DS4 controller via USB
   2)Go to Accessory Settings and Manage Bluetooth Devices
   3)Scan for Bluetooth Device
   4)Unplug DS4, press Share and PS Buttons
   5)Once device is found, plug DS4 back in and select Wireless Controller

Congratulations! You now have a rumble-free DS4 working with your PS3!
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:11 pm

Well it does work but it's a bit of a pain in the ass because when you go to pair it, you end up turning on the PS4 (if it's in the same room like mine is.) It also seems to deregister from the PS4 when you do that and you have to plug it back in for it to work with the PS4 again. But hey it works.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:03 am

PSN, 2K, Origin And Windows Live Alledgedly Hacked, Passwords And Logins Posted Change your passwords now.

A hacker group have posted what they call “a small portion” of the logins they have stolen from the PSN, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios.

A pastebin of the data has been posted along with the following message:

Dear Internet, thefollowing is a very small portion of Lord Gaben and the rest of his crew’s glorious raids across the high seas of the Internet.

The group claim to be operating in the interests of public safety and have posted the data to make large companies review their security. The extent of the hack is huge and the group have boasted about the data they collected.

We have 800,000 from 2K and 500,000 credit card data. In all of our raids we have a total of around 7 million usernames and passwords,” he said. “We have around 2 million Comcast accounts, 620,000 Twitter accounts, 1.2 million credentials belonging to the CIA domain, 200,000 Windows Live accounts, 3 million Facebook, 1.7 million EA origins accounts, etc.

We suggest you change your passwords as soon as possible on any accounts that may be compromised. We are waiting for comment from Sony about the latest hack.

Source: CNET
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennBacca Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:34 am

How many times does this shit have to happen before they start taking it seriously???
GlennBacca
GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4