NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playstation Now

3 posters

Go down

Playstation Now Empty Playstation Now

Post by Shane Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:49 pm

PlayStation Now Streaming Game Service Coming this Summer
+ Posted by Sid Shuman // Social Media Manager

Today, at CES 2014 in Las Vegas, we announced that PlayStation Now (PS Now), our new streaming game service, will be available in the US this summer. With PlayStation Now, you will be able to stream popular hits and classic games from the PS3 library, first on PS4 and PS3 systems, followed by PS Vita.

In addition to PlayStation platforms, most 2014 US models of Sony’s BRAVIA TV lineup will support PS Now. Eventually the service will expand beyond PlayStation platforms and Sony devices, allowing you to stream PlayStation games across a broad range of Internet-connected devices.

Leveraging Gaikai’s advanced cloud-based technology, PlayStation Now will allow you to:
Play video games instantly across multiple devices, similar to the way you might stream TV, movies, and music.
Stream full games to all of your compatible PlayStation devices including PS4, PS3, and PlayStation Vita as well as non-PlayStation devices, beginning with 2014 BRAVIA TV models and expanding to numerous other Internet-connected devices.

Always play the most updated version of your game. With games hosted in the cloud, you can take your game with you – just log in with your Sony Entertainment Network account on a compatible device and your games and saved progress will be easily available.

We want to offer you choice when it comes to how you want to access content on PS Now, so you will be able to rent by title for specific games you are interested in. We’ll also offer a subscription that will enable you to explore a range of titles.

PS Now will begin a Beta program in the US at the end of January with an expected full roll-out in the US this summer. Be sure to check the PlayStation.Blog regularly for more updates on the PS Now service.
Shane
Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Playstation Now Empty Re: Playstation Now

Post by DazzaFett Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:51 am

As if i don't have a big enough back log of games to keep me busy already LOL
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by saint1970 Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Ooh
saint1970
saint1970

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:33 am

I rented one of my favorites, Dirt 3, last night. I wasn't impressed. The game looked fine for a PS3 game on the PS4 but the controls were sluggish (which makes precision driving hard) and even though I tested out as having a good connection for steaming, it kept dropping out on me, which kicks you from the game. It's a good idea but I think it might need some tweaking before it works like they want it to. There's my $4 lesson learned for the rest of you. Smile
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by saint1970 Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:59 pm

What the cost and timescales for renting
saint1970
saint1970

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:35 pm

I'm not sure of costs but it's like 4 hours, 1 day, one week, and a month, starting at $4 and I think the month was $20 or something like that.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum