NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pondering from the road

+5
Земляне
saint1970
madd_rocker
Jessica
Shane
9 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Pondering from the road - Page 7 Empty Re: Pondering from the road

Post by madd_rocker Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:17 pm

LOL, so true, and the bigger the vehicle is the more careful you have to be and stopping distance that you need, because bigger doesnt mean invicible and more traction,............idiots!!!

madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:22 pm

Also for the record, all wheel drive doesn't make you invincible either. Often it means you have 4 wheels pushing you into trouble instead of 2. I know, that's what I have.

Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:14 am

I ran into this once twice since I headed home yesterday. Yes the roads are narrowed some because of the snow but is there really a reason to be driving on my side of the road, and both times they looked at me like I was doing something wrong. Hell both times I had my offside tire in the snow bank trying to avoid them, I couldn't go any further.

Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:40 am

Bastards..........all of them!!!!!
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:20 am

Shane wrote: snow bank

What is this "snow bank" you speak of? Very Happy

GoD_GraveDancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:42 am

Gravy it's kind of like a beach dune made from frozen water.... bastard.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoD_GraveDancer Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:00 am

^^^^ That made me smile

GoD_GraveDancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:05 am

So it seems that traffic has started picking up around here again and this years trend seems to be rolling through a stop sign before I even get to you. This happened to me 5 times on the way back from picking stuff up at the airport. I'm on the main road, another car on a side road pulls up and stops. Obviously they see me but just before I get even with them, they start rolling ahead instead of waiting for me to pass, to the point I thought a couple of them were going to roll right into my side. Are we in that much of a hurry now that we can't wait 3 seconds for a car to pass to start moving?
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:54 am

YES!!!!!!lol
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:03 am

I'm not sure how they did it but that new grocery store is set to open at 0600 Friday morning and they just started it in December, I'm officially impressed. I drove by yesterday and it looks like the shelves are mostly stocked. Now for the idiots to begin their parade while they tear down the old store and parking is limited. This should be interesting as they were having trouble with what little parking we had all winter. Even with clearly marked lines they couldn't figure out how to park.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri May 01, 2015 5:53 pm

This one comes from a Subaru ad I just saw on TV. They advertise this car as being "partial zero emissions." What is part of zero? The way I see it either it's zero emissions or it has emissions right? Maybe I'm just too literal. That one is right up there with something that bothers me about real estate listings "semi-exclusive." If it's an exclusive how can it be shared, if it's shared then it can't really be exclusive now can it? I think I just paid too much attention when in school or I can't speak marketing.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon May 04, 2015 12:18 pm

Just making sound better than it really is
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:45 pm

So today's pondering comes from watching a lady try to parallel park beside the new market. The way they have the new store set up there is one street side set up with pre-made dishes, salads, coffee, that sort of thing so you can stop curb side, run in real quick, grab something, and take right off without a major tie up in the parking lot. A good idea until someone like this shows up. She ended up perpendicular to the curb, against the curb, and blocking the better part of a lane of the road. On a 2 lane road. To make matters worse, she was also talking on her cell phone the whole time. This just proves to me that some people should be allowed out on the roads... ever... anywhere.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:59 am

I had a young lady undertake me, then cut in front of me as I was turning right last week.  She was turning right too, no need to do it, plenty of space behind me.  Funny thing is, she was going to the same car park as me.

I made the most of the opportunity and had a few words with her, pointed out she'd better have good insurance and decent air bags if she was going to drive like that (her passenger noticed she didn't have an airbag lol).

I mentioned had I been slightly distracted, lighting a cigarette, opening a window, putting in a cd etc. I wouldn't have had time to break when she pulled in front of me.  I also mentioned there's a lot of older drivers on the road with slow reactions too.

I told her what she did was illegal, and had I hit her it would have been her fault, points on her licence and insurance hike too.  She looked very embarrassed.  Point made  Very Happy
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:49 am

I was just watching a show and one of the cut scenes showed the "Mind the Gap" signage at tube stations. That reminded me that during our inspection last month the guy recommended we put that kind of sign near the ladders to our docks. Has common sense become so extinct in society now that we now have to point out the obvious? I know they don't have this over in the UK, but we have notices on coffee cups warning that the contents may be hot because some cow burned herself and sued McD's for it... and won because there wasn't a warning on the lid. ffs it's getting to be a sad state of affairs in the world today.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:32 am

Oh so F-ing true!
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:34 pm

So another shining example of how sad modern society has become. I got a text from one of the other owners of my building that the washing machine was broken and that she was calling a repair man if it was okay with us. This according to the young lady who is renting a room from her. Being at work I couldn't run down and take a look for myself. It turns out someone was doing work in the laundry room this weekend and had unplugged it. I'd have thought checking that before a panic phone call would have been the first thing to do but then I'm old fashioned that way.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:01 pm

This one comes from my ride home this afternoon. With the holiday weekend we have all sizes and shapes of people here and as I travel to work a little earlier to avoid traffic I saw a few of those peeps riding bicycles this morning. I saw several of the die hard racing cyclists, gritting their teeth and peddling for all they were worth.Then just before I got to work, I noticed a larger lady peddling along, smiling and looking like she was having the time of her life. Almost like she was having fun. I just mention this because on the way home I saw the same sort of larger fellow peddling along with the same big grin on his face. So who is cycling more of a pleasure for, the people just having a nice slow pedal taking the time to see everything or those guys pushing as hard as they can to get down the road? To me it sure looked like those larger folks taking their time were having a lot more fun.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum