NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pondering from the road

+5
Земляне
saint1970
madd_rocker
Jessica
Shane
9 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Pondering from the road - Page 2 Empty Re: Pondering from the road

Post by Shane Sat May 17, 2014 6:19 am

It's also safer, but I think it's a lazy sort of thing. I almost always back into the spot I have here at the house unless I'm unloading stuff from the other side. At work we don't have the same thing but I'll usually park so I'm facing out so I can just get in and drive away.

Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Sat May 17, 2014 10:51 am

Drive fastly away is more likely!!! Laughing 

madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sat May 17, 2014 8:59 pm

Faster... without looking back Wink

Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon May 19, 2014 9:22 am

Today is a nice one for a change. For many years there was saying here, that to be a contractor, all you needed was a truck and a dog to ride in it. This morning a truck pulled up next to me at the coffee shop and he had that dog with him. Obviously an older dog, this guy was leaning just right so his nose could hang out the window and he looked like that's where he was going to stay for the day. I gave him a quick pet as I walked by, got a little tail wag and he seemed completely satisfied with his life just like that. He was totally at peace with life and the world he is in.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon May 19, 2014 10:46 am

A dogs life!
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed May 21, 2014 8:29 am

So let's have a short discussion about business hours. I get a lot of stuff flown in, and for the last 6 months the freight place has been open 0700-1600, which meant it was easiest for me to stop by on the way to work but somehow they could never get the door open much before 0715. So today I stop in at 0715, and they have decided, without notice, to change their hours to 0730-1700. Had I known that, I would have stopped last night instead of spending 30 minutes sitting in the lot waiting for them to show up. Lot's of time for pondering this morning. Wink
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri May 23, 2014 12:29 pm

Today I had the opportunity to travel around town multiple times and a question occurred to me, is there something in the upholstery in Rovers, either Land or Range, that turns the operators into complete asses? I only ask because I have seen and heard the same remarks about these people from both sides of the pond.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sat May 24, 2014 3:11 am

lol. Not sure about the upholstery Shane, it's the same for BMW drivers too  Laughing 
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sat May 24, 2014 9:52 am

I can'r really argue that fact either.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Tue May 27, 2014 11:05 am

It is brand name immortallism with godlyness, like those that drive Cadillacs.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu May 29, 2014 10:39 am

Once again, I mention the gas pump thing. As I pulled in to fuel up this morning, I once again have to wonder why people can't seem to pull all the way ahead to the last pump in the line rather than the 1st one they come to. So even though there were 2 open pumps, I had to sit and wait because I couldn't get to them because someone had to be too selfish to think of their fellow motorists who might be coming in behind them.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Thu May 29, 2014 11:35 am

This is were the RH-fuel door vs. LH-fuel door comes into effect. Most cars/trucks/suv are LH, but the upper end of imports are usually RH, like my Z.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Fri May 30, 2014 1:32 am

If you park properly LH and RH make no difference, the pumps reach either  Very Happy 

What gets me is our local garage is a shop too, and some people go in for fuel and take ages, seems like they're doing their weekly shop whilst still parked at the pump  Exclamation   Rolling Eyes 
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Fri May 30, 2014 4:55 am

Jessica wrote:If you park properly LH and RH make no difference, the pumps reach either  Very Happy 

What gets me is our local garage is a shop too, and some people go in for fuel and take ages, seems like they're doing their weekly shop whilst still parked at the pump  Exclamation   Rolling Eyes 

My Local has a Subways attached and the other day i saw a Costa inside one, What ever happened to just the flower selection?
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri May 30, 2014 10:24 am

This one happened to me twice this morning. The oncoming car has to cross my lane to get to a side road or coming from a side road to get in the opposite lane, I had one of each. I'm maybe 3 seconds away from reaching them with nobody behind me in my lane and both of them decide they have to make a mad dash across my lane rather than wait the 3 seconds causing me to more or less lock up the brakes not to hit them as they go screeching away.... without making any eye contact as they go by. Are people really that short sighted that they can't see there's all kinds of room behind me and if they wait a few seconds, they can safely and easily make the turn? Maybe it's the new "have to have it right now" mentality?
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sat May 31, 2014 3:35 am

I know what you mean Shane.  It bugs me when I'm on the motorway and someone in the outside lane cuts across me only to go onto the slip road to exit the motorway, when there's plenty of room behind me why not just slow down for a few seconds and pull across behind me?  They have to slow right up on the slipway anyway  Rolling Eyes 

I saw a total idiot yesterday when I was out in the works van.  There was a fire engine coming the other way, quite some distance, on a straight road, siren going, lights flashing.  We pulled in, but the car in front of it just kept going, he passed a layby and a road entrance, didn't slow down or anything.  It was a distance after they'd passed us the car pulled over to let the fire engine go by.  What a moron.  I just hope it was his house on fire  Exclamation 
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Today is a fun one. Now we've all seen that happy dog that hangs out the window as you drive along with the fur pushed back and the silly doggy smile on their face. On my way home from work today I saw one better. The car coming at me looked like they had something on their roof rack but as they got close I realized it was a dog with his head out through the sun roof. You want to talk about a happy dog that was one happy dog. Very Happy
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:09 am

lol! 
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:03 am

We have a dog that rides on the back of a "Big Dog" Harley, and he dont look happy, he just looks like his owner that doesnt have a care in the world and doesnt care what people think.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:16 am

Just for a moment let's discuss the fear of using the last item. I'm not sure if people are afraid they'll get in trouble for using the last of something (personally I've never gotten in trouble for using the last of anything) but I watched a guy in the coffee shop go to another section to get a cup rather than take the last one that was on the shelf. Here at work it also applies to the widgets who will leave 1/4 cup of coffee in the pot rather than having to make a new pot. Or just enough cream to dirty a cup. Need I go on?
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:26 am

Shane, that is a problem, people are lazy for one. But what gets me is when the kids take the last item out of a package in the the pantry(a.i. pop-tarts, cookies, crackers etc...), they would leave the package there for somebody else(me) to throw away.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:39 am

That goes right along with it. I think it's for the same reasons.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:22 am

Now for my version of tales from the road.........the middle turning lane.........1) its not a passing lane 2) its not a takeoff lane 3) it is the lane that you are suppose to use for turning and not stopping and turning from the regular traffic lanes.
Thank you
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiden Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:31 am

Earlier today as I was coming out of ASDA, I noticed a council minibus had decided to park right next to the driver door of my car. Most of the car park for that section was empty. I had to climb through the passenger seat to get to wheel. The local council will be getting a passive aggressive e-mail sometime soon.
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:41 pm

Aiden wrote:Earlier today as I was coming out of ASDA, I noticed a council minibus had decided to park right next to the driver door of my car. Most of the car park for that section was empty. I had to climb through the passenger seat to get to wheel. The local council will be getting a passive aggressive e-mail sometime soon.

Cite 1984 and sign it Eric Arthur Blair, I'd love to see their face/s but if they don't get the reference then life has no meaning anymore. Crying or Very sad
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:57 am

Okay so what's with leaving the grocery cart out in the middle of the parking lot after they've loaded their car. I stopped off at the store on the way into work and at 0700 there were already carts blocking spaces. It's not like this is a big lot, are people really that lazy they can't push an empty cart the 30' to where they got it from?

Anyway, I sometimes make a game out of it. How close can I come without hitting the cart?
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:53 pm

Shane wrote:Okay so what's with leaving the grocery cart out in the middle of the parking lot after they've loaded their car. I stopped off at the store on the way into work and at 0700 there were already carts blocking spaces. It's not like this is a big lot, are people really that lazy they can't push an empty cart the 30' to where they got it from?

Anyway, I sometimes make a game out of it. How close can I come without hitting the cart?

That's why we have to pay a £ just to use the damned things.
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:38 am

Today I'll try to stay away from the stupid people who seem to have invaded town in the last couple of weeks and mention something nice. In the course of the last 4 or 5 days I've run into a bunch of my neighbors (and in some cases their pets) and all of them have welcomed me to the neighborhood, some I've known for years and some I haven't. I think the best one came last night while I was out having a smoke on the back porch. The man who lives directly behind me was coming out of the house to do some grilling, looked up and saw me, yelled across the parking area to introduce himself and welcome me. That's not unusual, but he knew my name and I still don't have a clue who he is and what he does. Anyway, it was still nice.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum