NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pondering from the road

+5
Земляне
saint1970
madd_rocker
Jessica
Shane
9 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Pondering from the road - Page 3 Empty Re: Pondering from the road

Post by Shane Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:57 am

Okay so what's with leaving the grocery cart out in the middle of the parking lot after they've loaded their car. I stopped off at the store on the way into work and at 0700 there were already carts blocking spaces. It's not like this is a big lot, are people really that lazy they can't push an empty cart the 30' to where they got it from?

Anyway, I sometimes make a game out of it. How close can I come without hitting the cart?

Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:53 pm

Shane wrote:Okay so what's with leaving the grocery cart out in the middle of the parking lot after they've loaded their car. I stopped off at the store on the way into work and at 0700 there were already carts blocking spaces. It's not like this is a big lot, are people really that lazy they can't push an empty cart the 30' to where they got it from?

Anyway, I sometimes make a game out of it. How close can I come without hitting the cart?

That's why we have to pay a £ just to use the damned things.

Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:38 am

Today I'll try to stay away from the stupid people who seem to have invaded town in the last couple of weeks and mention something nice. In the course of the last 4 or 5 days I've run into a bunch of my neighbors (and in some cases their pets) and all of them have welcomed me to the neighborhood, some I've known for years and some I haven't. I think the best one came last night while I was out having a smoke on the back porch. The man who lives directly behind me was coming out of the house to do some grilling, looked up and saw me, yelled across the parking area to introduce himself and welcome me. That's not unusual, but he knew my name and I still don't have a clue who he is and what he does. Anyway, it was still nice.

Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Shane wrote:Today I'll try to stay away from the stupid people who seem to have invaded town in the last couple of weeks and mention something nice. In the course of the last 4 or 5 days I've run into a bunch of my neighbors (and in some cases their pets) and all of them have welcomed me to the neighborhood, some I've known for years and some I haven't. I think the best one came last night while I was out having a smoke on the back porch. The man who lives directly behind me was coming out of the house to do some grilling, looked up and saw me, yelled across the parking area to introduce himself and welcome me. That's not unusual, but he knew my name and I still don't have a clue who he is and what he does. Anyway, it was still nice.

The hills have ears!
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:12 am

The news is out Shane lol  Wink 

Ok, so back to the road... What does it take for idiots to learn to reverse into spaces so they can drive straight out? It should be part of the driving test and as compulsory as not parking on a double yellow line  Exclamation 
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:11 am

Now a little background here, I live just off one of the busiest roads on the island, it runs between town and the airport and is where a lot of businesses are located.... and it has a bike path running the whole length of it. So this morning I make the turn onto it and look ahead about 100 yards to see a lady walking right down the white line of the road, cars and trucks all over the place trying to avoid her, and she doesn't have a clue. I understand you might be new here and be used to walking down the edge of the road where you're from but do really have to do it when there's a nice paved path 6' to your right? Without any cars and trucks on it.....
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:27 am

Is your apartment near the local mental asylum Shane? Could easily explain your last post if it is  Laughing 
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:04 am

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but this morning as I was at the shop getting my coffee, I've discovered I'm becoming more like my father than I thought. I was watching another guy very carefully put a wrap around the cup so it wasn't too hot and I thought to myself, I have no need for that, this cup will last me until 1100-1200, most days. Mind you that was just past 0700. Now my father, before he retired, used to go into work, open a soda in the morning and finish it just before he left for the day.... one 12 ounce soda. I have no idea why we do this but that's how it seems to work out most days. Family trait?
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:35 am

DNA LOL
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:38 am

Just take things in moderation or a force of personal habit?
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:54 am

So this morning I was held up coming to work by asphalt trucks, laying down a new surface on the bike path along the main road I travel. I've mentioned these paths before, on of my pet peeves is that they often get plowed in the winter before the roads do. Now we're spending money to repave it? I can't see a damn thing wrong with it myself and have yet to hear anyone complain. Maybe I'm just being silly but I think this town might have somewhere else to spend money.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:43 am

They could come over here and fix our roads, so many pot holes to dodge, some roads are like driving a slalom!
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:28 am

Man, that sounds like every same town in America.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:45 am

So my faith in humanity as restored a little bit yesterday. I stopped by the store on the way into work and yes there were already carts scattered through the lot. Anyway, as I was returning to my car I saw a lady pushing her cart back towards the store and she actually stopped to grab another cart from the middle of the lot to take care of that one to.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:46 am

Today's topic comes in somewhere between a smile and a grimace. I won't even get into people who think both sides of the road are theirs and I should move out of their way even if there isn't anywhere to go. The person for forced me into the weeds was drinking from a regular coffee mug. My thought was, with people throwing travel mugs at you everywhere you go,l why would you have to use a regular mug in the car? It seems pretty stupid to me as you stand a good chance of making a mess of both yourself and the car doing that.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:12 pm

Drinking and Driving is anything if police really want to get you.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:55 am

Personally I don't think anyone should drink or eat anything when they're driving. It's a major distraction, you just as well be reading a book really! If you're stopped in traffic it's fine, but I'd find it less distracting to hold a phone to my ear than have a cup of hot coffee in my hand, and using a phone in your car is illegal  Exclamation 
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:25 pm

This one I found rather interesting, as we work real close to the water we get to see a lot of waterfowl, including chicks (is that the right word?) growing up over the course of a summer. Something I noticed this morning though, ducks seem to have one adult herding several small ones, usually the female, but Canadian Geese seem to have 3 or 4 adults keeping an eye on several of the little ones at a time. Nothing earth shattering there, I just found it interesting to see the different parenting going on.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:50 pm

Ducklings and Goslings I believe are terms for baby ducks and geese.
The things you notice when you're bored eh.
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:17 pm

It was nice and quiet when I got to work this morning. Smile
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:36 am

And this one from my ride home last night that brought a smile to my face while dealing with the traffic. I'm assuming it was a brother and sister, based on size. Nothing unusual, just walking up the sidewalk, but they had what looked like colored leggings pulled over their heads, covering their whole heads, his blue, hers green and she's sipping her drink through a straw. Kids having fun, nice to see.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:48 am

4th of July always brings out all kinds of interesting people. The other day it was the stereotypical biker, long beard, skull cap helmet, leather vest, leather pants..... on a scooter with a huge American flag mounted on the back. Laughing
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:10 am

Born to be Free!!!!!!
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:46 pm

I'm not sure how it works over across the pond but over here, every state has it's own tags on the cars which brings me to something I noticed today as I was almost slammed into by someone doing whatever they wanted to do, even though I was completely in the right. Now Massachusetts has notoriously aggressive drivers I won't deny that but lately I have noticed that the worst diving people here seem to have blue plates on their cars, meaning they are from Rhode Island, Connecticut, or New Jersey. They can't seem to park like everyone else, don't seem to understand the rules of the road, and obviously can't read those big signs posted all along the edges of the roads. I wonder if changing their plates would make them any better drivers?
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:41 pm

Yeah right, sure, umhum, never bet your life on it......... Laughing 
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:58 am

Nope, we don't get special tags for each county hell I don't think we even have UK specific tags...
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:51 am

No really completely from the road but sort of. I stopped by my bank this morning to get some money out of the ATM. The bank on my street, this happens to be inside in a little entry way. This is an example of how little the visitors here care about anything. There must have been 6 or 8 of the little paper receipts you get after the transaction scattered all over the floor. Apparently it's too hard to take a step over to the other side of the room to deposit them in the waste bin. Yes I did collect all of them and put them in the bin before I left. After all I now hold a whole 5 shares of the bank. Smile
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:17 am

That is like going to the quick stop to get gas and there are reciepts all over the pumps.......ssssssssshhhhhhhh lazy asses.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum