NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pondering from the road

+5
Земляне
saint1970
madd_rocker
Jessica
Shane
9 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Pondering from the road - Page 4 Empty Re: Pondering from the road

Post by Земляне Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:58 am

Nope, we don't get special tags for each county hell I don't think we even have UK specific tags...

Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:51 am

No really completely from the road but sort of. I stopped by my bank this morning to get some money out of the ATM. The bank on my street, this happens to be inside in a little entry way. This is an example of how little the visitors here care about anything. There must have been 6 or 8 of the little paper receipts you get after the transaction scattered all over the floor. Apparently it's too hard to take a step over to the other side of the room to deposit them in the waste bin. Yes I did collect all of them and put them in the bin before I left. After all I now hold a whole 5 shares of the bank. Smile

Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:17 am

That is like going to the quick stop to get gas and there are reciepts all over the pumps.......ssssssssshhhhhhhh lazy asses.

madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:29 am

Today's thought... if you can't see over the steering wheel should you actually be driving that car? Or any car for that matter? Hell amusement park rides make sure you tall enough to ride in the vehicles, I think we should do the same for cars. If you can't see over the dash how the hell are you going to know where the front of the car is and the rear view mirror must look like it's looking at the floor for those of us normal sized people.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:53 am

Gotta luv little old ladies in big cars......LOL!!
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:23 pm

The case that brought this to mind, I couldn't identify the driver because all I could see was the top of a head under the top of the steering wheel. It looked like a child was behind the wheel.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:45 am

I believe this one falls under just plain stupid. So on my weekly visit to the grocery store I come out to find my way blocked by someone waiting for a car to move out of the middle of the travel lane. One little problem, there's nobody in the car blocking the way. So me and a couple of the lot attendants figure it's a manual and it slipped out of gear and rolled out. We'd just put it in nuetral and roll it back into place. The problem with that is that the doors are locked. Just about that time the owner came out. It seems she had left it in nuetral and was counting on the brake to hold it. Wrong!!
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:43 am

LOL
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:57 pm

Just found out the driver that delivers new vehicles to is having a very bad day, at our cross town competition, he about took off the awning (new) from the front of their building and damaged some of their units (new trucks), then he gets over here and 3 of our units are damaged! Very bad day indeed!
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Ouch!!
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:31 pm

This one made my entire morning. As I may have mentioned before, we have 50 something miles of bike path on our little 3 by 12 mile island  but the high end competative type cyclists on their high tech carbon fibre bikes feel that the road is theirs, not those paths. So today I'm in a line of cars behind a tractor trailer with 2 huge roll off containers. He's doing the limit but also being safe with his driving, we just all got backed up at an intersection. I hear his air horn go off once and think he's doing it for kids, then again, I start to wonder there aren't that many kids out at 0700. Then a 3rd long blast. WTH is going on? A few hundred yards up the road, there stands one of the high tech bikers astride his bike in the weeds looking at all the cars who are passing him. For once it seems that we had a trucker who wasn't going to tolerate that foolishness and scared him right off the road. Made my whole day Very Happy
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Very Happy 
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:32 pm

What makes that even better is that about 2 weeks ago I got stuck behind 5 of those bikes one morning on a stretch of road where I couldn't safely pass them and had someone behind me (close enough that I couldn't see their front grill) honking at me because I was going so slow. All because the road is theirs. I'm still kind of fuzzy as to why I get in trouble for forcing them out of the way when they are riding in the road... alongside a newly paved bike path.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:51 am

Laughing The bikers should be fined if there's a bike path for them to use and they use the road instead. Can you imagine what would happen if a driver was using the pavement? lol
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:25 pm

They are suppose to be if there is a bike path present.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:57 am

This one comes from a picture my buddy posted yesterday. In traffic easing up to a stop sign, the lady in front of him has crossed over the middle line to see what is going on around the car ahead of her. Is there really a point it's a 4 way stop you aren't going to get there any faster? These would be the same people who slow down for an accident on the other side of a divided highway, usually almost causing another accident by doing that.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:51 am

YUP
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by saint1970 Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:20 pm

Nosey old fuckers
saint1970
saint1970

Back to top Go down

Post by GoD_GraveDancer Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:13 pm

I'll throw one out there. While driving along a 4-lane highway yesterday, I came upon a traffic light that was not working properly. Of course, in this situation, the law states that the intersection is now to be treated as a 4-way stop.

I slowed as I approached and finally came to a stop at the intersection. My following the law evidently angered the fellow behind me. As he's blowing his horn, flipping me off, and passing me, I notice that he is a police officer in an unmarked car . . .

GoD_GraveDancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:23 am

Do as I say, not as I do....
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:34 am

Always above the law
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:10 am

Ever been zipping along in the fast lane, notice a car coming up fast, notice you might be going a little fast, so pull over to let them pass, only to see that it's a cop?
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:34 am

This one came last night as I was driving a couple of crew to the boat. 2 girls didn't breaks stride or even look at traffic, they walked right off the sidewalk into traffic in front of me. They were close enough to me that the guy in the back seat was yelling at them face to face. Every summer we get at least one death and a half dozen serious injuries caused by just this. They call it the "Disney complex" where people are in so much wonder that they don't even know there is traffic around them. I could go with this but it's not like this town is full of the wonder of the Vegas strip, it's actually pretty boring, unless you are held in awe by an overwhelming number of t-shirt shops.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by saint1970 Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:43 am

Shane wrote:Ever been zipping along in the fast lane, notice a car coming up fast, notice you might be going a little fast, so pull over to let them pass, only to see that it's a cop?

Yes and I got 3 points and a £100 fine while on the way to my holidays lol
saint1970
saint1970

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:26 am

lol! Nice one Stu, oopsie lol.
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:29 am

Now that most of the wonderful visitors to my island are gone, there's almost nothing left to ponder while I'm driving into work anymore. Hell, I almost don't have time to think about much as I seem to be able to get to work in 1/2 the time it was taking me through the summer. I did see a turkey vulture on the side of the road this morning, that's almost as rare around here as a polite tourist.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:51 am

lol!
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:55 pm

Not really from the road but still pondering. I think I mentioned somewhere that my grocery store is in the process of torn down so they can build a better one on the same sight. So last week they shut down about 1/3 of the store to start the demo. This means they had to consolidate or get rid of some stuff. Yes the first couple of days it was a mess but I went in today and there is a greeter at the door with a list of where everything is and all the aisles are marked. I just wandered through all of them picking what I needed as I found it. When I got to the checkout the lady there obviously wanted to be somewhere else and I asked her about it. She said she wants to go on vacation until the new store is built because she lost her temper with a customer this morning because they were upset with the changes. For the record the store is exactly the same size as it was 20 years ago (when I moved here) and has everything I need, even if it's in a different place. There's no need to be nasty, you all know I'd be the last to say this but change is good sometimes. No need to be rude to the people trying to do their job, is there? I just look at it as an exploration type of adventure, the same thing as when I go on vacation somewhere new.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum