NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Initial thoughts?

4 posters

Go down

Initial thoughts? Empty Initial thoughts?

Post by Shane Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Well yet another version of COD is now upon us. I know a few of us have got it and early reports from actual people is that it's pretty decent. I only played the first couple of sp missions so I'm going to hold out judgement for a few days but right now on the PS4 it looks pretty good. It's got the campaign, the usual collection of mp games, and even 4 person co-op. It's nothing earth shattering so far but basically it looks like a futuristic version of what we're all used to.
Shane
Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Initial thoughts? Empty Re: Initial thoughts?

Post by DazzaFett Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:54 pm

Not got it and not sure if or when i will at the moment.

DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:34 am

Well I've managed to play the first 3 sp missions, easier said then done because my cross buy for the PS3 wasn't showing up. The dev said there was an issue with some of the pre-loads so to delete it, and re install it. Anyone know how long it takes to dl 54GB? Roughly 2 hours for me. So I decide I'll jump back into the campaign since it said the game was installed and I picked sp to play first. 45 minutes later that got installed and I could play 1 more mission before calling it a night. Hint- keep a close eye out for the action prompts as they are white on a light background and sometimes hard to see. So after that I set the mp to install, that still had an hour to go when I went to bed.

The good news is that the PS3 version was ready to download this morning so it might just get installed by the time I get home. That's only 14GB and was at 45% when I came to work. At least I didn't lose any of my game info in all that. We're going to be trying out the ps3 mp tonight I think, if it gets installed sometime before midnight.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:37 pm

I did finally get it installed on both machines last night but by then everyone had buggered off. All I've done on either machine on the mp side is some combat training, which is me and a few randoms and bots and you don't know which is which so the only stats you see are how you did at the end of the round. Fine by me.

So I've heard from a few people that this is the best running COD since Blops2 but that hardcore seems to be the way to go for the best feel as it tends to slow people down just a bit. Frogz also said that he thinks it actually plays better on the PS3. Now a couple of concerns I've also heard... 1) jump boost, for those of us who think it's going to be like Destiny, it isn't. You can jump higher than you're used to which means you need to keep an eye above you but I don't think it's much of a factor. 2) cloaking, yes it's there but it's such a short battery life that it isn't really a factor, they can try to hide but just when they think they are hidden you see them 3) side skip (or whatever it is) this is so complicated to make work I don't see it being used that much.

One of these days I hope to get enough time to actually find out about all of it. So far though, most of the people I've talked to are really enjoying it.... and hating it.... and enjoying it.... all in the same game so pretty much what we remember from the old days.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:21 am

We now have the new COD game for PS4, so any tips and ideas gratefully received! Very Happy

Maybe we can give it a go on Friday? I might not be too quick, shoulder and arm still not back to normal, but I really miss gaming.
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:21 am

The first tip is not to really expect anything earth shattering besides remember to spend a lot of time looking up. Dean's group is doing fun games on Friday nights for a while. Since they don't really count for much it's good way to see what's going on and see some of the other game modes.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:33 am

Some kind of big update is due out today. Get ready for something else to be broken tonight. Wink
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennBacca Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:49 am

So after almost 3 months I finally have this game Smile haven't tried it yet but I'm looking forward to it, though I don't have too high expectations after the downfall we've seen over the last 3 years.

But this means I finally have a gae to play with you again...if you're still playing that is lol
GlennBacca
GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:15 am

Nice! I don't play it that much but we do try to get together with Smurf's friends for some fun games on Fridays.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down