NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

2 posters

Go down

Rise of the Tomb Raider Empty Rise of the Tomb Raider

Post by Shane Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:09 am

This is the 20th year since we first met Lara Croft, and this is the second "installment" in the next version of the game. So far I'm liking it, as I did the last one. Lara is not Superwoman, she just a regular person trying to survive in strange conditions while trying to follow a legacy left her by her father. Nothing is given to her, and everything has to be made or collected as you go and there's plenty to do along the way. There is a story to follow along if that's what you want to do, or you can do all the side stuff as you go. I spent 3 hours last night just exploring one area along the way to the next step in the story.

Now some additions to the game, as the last one was purely single player, and a very good one at that. There are additional missions to discover Lara's past in the family mansion, a "zombie" mode where you try to survive, and co-op where 2 players can explore various tombs along the way on almost all the maps with different objectives. I haven't tried any of those yest as I'm still busy discovering stuff. The map is easy to read, with highlights and discoveries easily marked, which is nice. Also pushing R3 will activate a survival vision sort of thing that highlights anything you marked on the map or objectives. A nice feature to use instead of stumbling around aimless hoping to find something. In many ways, it kind of reminds me of Assassin's Creed but different at the same time as you are gathering things to survive, not just to collect them.

Seriously, so far, even with the difficult things I've come across I'm going to have to go 9/10 only because there are some stalls from time to time and as it's 3rd person sometimes it's hard to see the prompts. I'm hoping someone I know gets it soon so I can try the co-op stuff.
Shane
Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Rise of the Tomb Raider Empty Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Post by madd_rocker Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:05 pm

Smile cool
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter