NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grumpy old gamers

+4
madd_rocker
GreasedupBadger
Shane
Jessica
8 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Grumpy old gamers - Page 6 Empty Re: Grumpy old gamers

Post by Shane Thu May 03, 2012 12:19 pm

I'm kicking this one back up to the top. Watching the news this morning and they are making it sound like the world is going to flood, we're into out 3rd day of clouds or rain now. Somehow they seem to forget we went nearly 6 weeks without rain and it was all doom and gloom about how dry and dangerous it is out there. Enough drama, just tell me it's going to rain again today!!

Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Thu May 03, 2012 12:27 pm

3rd Day!!! We are into our 3rd consecutive week of wet weather now Shane.
It all started the day after they imposed a Hosepipe Ban LOL

DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu May 03, 2012 12:46 pm

Listening to them going on you'd think it was the end of the world around here.

Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Thu May 03, 2012 1:41 pm

Lol it isn't that bad.
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Thu May 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Nice, glad that I can share the wealth Laughing
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Fri May 04, 2012 2:10 am

Good idea to bump this one Shane.

Why is it, when the boss gets an idea it's implemented within 48 hrs, when I have a great idea that's crucial to the smooth running of the place (and prevents us doing something illegal which we could get a big fine for too) it takes 2 years for head office to realise I'm right and tell my boss he has to implement it Question Exclamation
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Fri May 04, 2012 7:19 am

Jessica wrote:Good idea to bump this one Shane.

Why is it, when the boss gets an idea it's implemented within 48 hrs, when I have a great idea that's crucial to the smooth running of the place (and prevents us doing something illegal which we could get a big fine for too) it takes 2 years for head office to realise I'm right and tell my boss he has to implement it Question Exclamation

Capitalism, Am i right!
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:33 am

I'm bringing this back up to the top because it's that time of year again. People who shouldn't be allowed to drive have invaded again. Yesterday I was headed home early, in a decent mood, in light traffic. As I come up on the grocery store, I see a car leaving the lot but as I'm 100 yards off, I figure they will be in my lane and moving before I get there no problem, so I don't slow down, not like I'm going that fast anyway. Instead of going, they decide to stop with half the car in my lane, and half of the car in the other line. I slam on the brakes to avoid taking their hood off and they look at me like it's my fault they had to stop. Had they just pulled out and gone, nothing would have been an issue as at the time I was the only other car on the road. Instead they came damn close to being in a n accident and tied up both lanes while they decided maybe they should move out of the middle of the road. And no they weren't locals....
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:48 am

Damn non locals.
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:58 am

I was woken up at 0522 this morning having my ear hit a radio in my bed Exclamation

The aforementioned radio 'vanished' after it was used for a barbeque last Sunday, and the other 2 in my house denied seeing it after it was placed on the stairs (with the intention of it making it's own way back into the bathroom no doubt).

Why can't people just put things back where they got them from Question Rolling Eyes
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:07 am

I was driving yesterday and the car in front was drifting between two lanes!
I could see that the wing mirror was bent inwards meaning it was pretty much useless to the driver (It was bent in so as to avoid it being clipped while parked)
I pulled up alongside as we reached some traffic lights as i didnt dare try to overtake before then and i was all ready to hurl all sorts of abuse at the person only to see it was a little old lady who was probably in her 90s and who could barley see over the steering wheel anyhow. She was also squinting through half closed eyes so the mirror would have been pretty pointless even if it had been positioned correctly!

This lady is an accident just waiting to happen and should really hang up her keys already.
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:59 am

Work today - why can't people be organised or communicate Question It's not rocket science, and it's driving me bloody mad Exclamation Sad
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:49 am

DazzaFett wrote:I was driving yesterday and the car in front was drifting between two lanes!
I could see that the wing mirror was bent inwards meaning it was pretty much useless to the driver (It was bent in so as to avoid it being clipped while parked)
I pulled up alongside as we reached some traffic lights as i didnt dare try to overtake before then and i was all ready to hurl all sorts of abuse at the person only to see it was a little old lady who was probably in her 90s and who could barley see over the steering wheel anyhow. She was also squinting through half closed eyes so the mirror would have been pretty pointless even if it had been positioned correctly!

This lady is an accident just waiting to happen and should really hang up her keys already.

You ought to live here in Florida, land of the TOURONS, hence tourist moron's, not to mention all are local folks that bought cars without turn signals. I'm not sure, but I think here in Florida you can either get air or turn signals when you purchase a new car. Seems like everyone gets air!

Grumpy old gamers - Page 6 Grimmr1946

Grumpy old gamers - Page 6 Grimmr1946

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:08 am

I can understand that. You don't want that ticking noise all the time while you're driving down the highway with the blinker going.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Okay maybe it's the time of year, people get stupider when it gets colder or something. I don't know. Driving home tonight, first up is the swing into my lane to make a turn on their side of the road. FFS it's a Toyota not a tractor trailer! Stay on your side of the center lane and I'll do the same.

Next up turning into my road, but I can't because the car coming out of it has decided they have to stop right in the middle of the road, so I can't get between them and the fence on the side of the road.Mind you I don't have a big car either. Refer to above I guess, they couldn't make the turn? So now I'm stuck blocking a lane of traffic while they decide what to do. C'mon you were in such a hurry to get there you had to cut me off. Now you can't decide what to do. It's pretty easy back up so I can get in or go. I really didn't care as long as they got the hell out of the way.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:07 am

without getting into politics too much - has anyone in government figured the cost to the country in accidents from immigrants not knowing how to drive by our rules ??? being from sheffield which is quite a melting pot at the moment the things you see foriegn drivers do i ridiculess - left turns from right hand lanes on dual carriagways are becoming the norm

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:14 am

Urgh i have had to deal with so many stupid issues and disputes between different members of staff in the office this week its been like working in a Kindergarten for social rejects!
Im sure it would make Great Reailty TV viewing if you like that sort of thing but being that i dont and just want to get on with my own work i could really do without it.

Who ever said that working in the Corporate Treasury and Banking Industry was boring eh LOL
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:32 am

Dazz, don't even get me started on inter office conflicts. Like I told Jess, you know it's bad when I'm the cheery one.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:27 pm

Shane cheery...................now I know the world is going to end!!!!!!
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:43 am

The CSA have just decided to 'write off' about £500+ arrears in payments for Rosie from my ex.

Very kind of them, I'm sure he'll appreciate it, not sure I'm so happy and it's not very fair for Rosie too Evil or Very Mad
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:21 pm

I was going to put this under Christmas cheer but it actually makes me pretty grumpy so it's going here. Today's subject, political correctness and the seemingly overwhelming need not to offend anyone. I'm watching the news right now and they have a story on a local school's Christmas concert is being cancelled because the songs were "too religious." FFS it's a religious holiday!!!! Now I've been around almost a half a century now and I never gave a crap what the song was about. I wanted to see the kids having some fun singing their little hearts out. Not only that but it seems that they used to sing songs from all faiths in this little concert. Enough already!!

I understand that attacking a certain group is wrong but does anyone really think a group of 8-9 year olds and their music teacher are out to offend or maybe they just want to share some Christmas cheer with some "traditional" songs?
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:33 pm

For the love of ...... ! That is just rediculous, anymore pc is just getting out of control, it making people anemic to what society is really suppose to be, a deversified and different and freedom of choice, and why should I/we alway have to conform to other peoples wishes, Whatever happened to the freedoms that founded this country.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:37 am

That's crackers Shane Exclamation

On top of my stupid CSA rules apparently my ex 'overpaid' £127 back in July, so now not only has he had about £500 written off, I OWE HIM £127 too Shocked

It's great he cares about Rosie that much, after all, it's money for her not me Sad
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 am

So we had our second snow of the winter here last night. I'm not even going to get started on how the town handles it, somehow they make the roads worse with plowing than if they hadn't done anything but the bike paths are all cleared off quite nicely.

Let's discuss the people to lazy to clear the snow off their car before leaving. I saw several people with just the wiper area cleared on the car. Lights on (that's good) but they are just a yellow glow through the snow blocking the headlamps. Personally, I go out early, start the car, clear the windows, and remove all the snow I can reach before leaving. I can understand it's cold and you don't really feel like doing all that work (it took me an extra 6 minutes this morning I timed it.) My problem is following someone too lazy to do this. When I'm following them, a blizzard is coming off their car and I can't see where I'm going or the road I'm on. Refer back to paragraph one.... today I was on ice the whole way to work.

Luckily, by the time I go home, the winds gusting out there will have cleared off most of their cars for them ad I'll only have to deal with ice and snow drifts.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 am

that doesnt make sense because apparently every other country in the world handles snow without a hitch except us . thats what were always told anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:57 am

Snow???????What is that?
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 am

J out in the real world, the roads are clear... not so much here.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:43 am

Our roads only seem clear once enough vehicles have used them to wash off the snow/ice. Our gritters seems rather useless really, and not even all the main roads are treated Rolling Eyes

I really don't understand why everything seems to grind to a halt when we have bad weather, if we were in Jamaica and never had a typical English winter I could understand it, but come on, it's nothing new to us after all!
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next