NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grumpy old gamers

+4
madd_rocker
GreasedupBadger
Shane
Jessica
8 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Grumpy old gamers - Page 7 Empty Re: Grumpy old gamers

Post by madd_rocker Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:57 am

Snow???????What is that?

madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 am

J out in the real world, the roads are clear... not so much here.

Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:43 am

Our roads only seem clear once enough vehicles have used them to wash off the snow/ice. Our gritters seems rather useless really, and not even all the main roads are treated Rolling Eyes

I really don't understand why everything seems to grind to a halt when we have bad weather, if we were in Jamaica and never had a typical English winter I could understand it, but come on, it's nothing new to us after all!

Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:28 am

Im with you on this Shane one!
I always make sure to dust off the snow from the whole car including the roof. A nice soft bristled indoor broom is great for clearing those hard to reach parts without damaging the paintwork and they cost next to nothing so there is no excuse really.
I hate seeing cars driving around with big White Afros on top as you know that snow is going to be in your face if you are following it.
Also it cant be good for the cars engine to drive straight off when it gets this cold either so letting it warm up for 5 minutes while you clear the snow off will do it good anyway.
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 am

Jessica wrote:Our roads only seem clear once enough vehicles have used them to wash off the snow/ice. Our gritters seems rather useless really, and not even all the main roads are treated Rolling Eyes

I really don't understand why everything seems to grind to a halt when we have bad weather, if we were in Jamaica and never had a typical English winter I could understand it, but come on, it's nothing new to us after all!

It's also rather idiotic to ask a sweed how they deal with it.
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:17 am

Ok, something I don't get. Last night it was just me and Shane around for old Blops (oh, we did make a new friend too) because everyone seemed to be on Blops 2 because of the double xp.

So why do gamers prefer to play a laggy game that makes it hardly possible to shoot anyone rather than a game they have a good chance of winning in and actually being able to shoot the opposition Question

Why pick frustration and annoyance over fun and pleasure?

Sorry guys, I just don't get it Exclamation
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by saint1970 Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:39 am

Frustation? I hadnt laughed so much in ages. The games i played were firstly private and i think only the last hour was online. Which too was funny as fuck takin the piss out of both sides
saint1970
saint1970

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennBacca Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:53 am

Well Jess, Black Ops 1 is still my favorite CoD. But it's good with some variation.

And you say Black Ops 2 is laggy, but if I'm not mistaken you think MW3 is just fine. I think Black Ops 2 is fine, but MW3 is the worst CoD ever when it comes to lag.
My point is that just because you think it's laggy doesn't mean everyone else does. Me for instance happen to like Black Ops 2.

So yeah, there's an explenation Smile
GlennBacca
GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:36 am

As I played both last night. Stu the game you joined me on was a public game, we had just taken over a public server. Wink I was in my usual place on the leaderboards at the end of every game... bottom. Yeah it was fun but that gets old after a while when I do a whole lot of work for nothing.

So I switch to Blops and come in at the top of the leaderboards every game. Now I didn't change anything but the game,same mode, same guns, still had fun, and could actually play the game. That's how it seems to work for me. Which would you rather do? Honestly?
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GreasedupBadger Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:16 pm

Had a blast with the GAS lads last night, most laughs ive had on CoD for ages.

Yes it was laggy at times, yes there is some BS at times but the server i was in i could shoot Stu and that good outweighs a hell of a lot of bad Very Happy
GreasedupBadger
GreasedupBadger

Back to top Go down

Post by saint1970 Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:48 pm

Honestly i would pick havin a laugh. Ive never cared where i come on leader boards, my kdr or lag. Yes ive moaned but when your havin such a laugh the rest means bugger all. For me its the people i play with rather than how the game is.
saint1970
saint1970

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:02 am

I agree with both of you, it's the friends I game with that make it fun more than the game itself. As that's the case I'd rather have fun with mates in a game without lag than one with lag. If it's a private game then xp doesn't count, so why not play old Blops and enjoy the fun Question Very Happy
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:31 am

Last night's games sucked! I had a lot of 'lost connection' issues that made it unplayable really. Shame nobody apart from Shane was up for some MP either Sad
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:23 am

Last edited by madd_rocker on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:34 am

I tried to look at your link Ryan, it said 'it doesn't exist' Sad

Just had an appraisal at work, apparently - even though my boss totally agreed with the 9 points I made showing how I'm working over and above my position, and he added some himself, I'm 'meeting expectations'.

Not even above average Evil or Very Mad . That does it, no more effort from me, he'll soon know what 'meeting expectations' means when it comes to my work - sod him!

No point in helping everyone else do their jobs (including him) and doing extra hours etc. to work at my best, from now on I'll be 'just average' - perhaps he'll notice the difference then Laughing
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:26 am

Jess, try it now, it sould work.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:23 am

madd_rocker wrote:Jess, try it now, it sould work.

I did, it did, that's cool Very Happy
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:57 pm

I'm not sure I'm allowed to post in this thread anymore but I'm going to. I had my annual review today and besides being "above average to excellent" in all areas I have also shown "great improvement" in my relationships with others. I guess that means I'm not being gruff with others anymore.

Can I keep posting here anyways? Please???
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:00 am

Of course you can Shane, you'll never stop swearing and moaning in game anyway so that's fine lol!

Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:01 am

ROFL Who would give such a review???
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:21 pm

So here's one that drives me nuts. I just watched a live stream of an upcoming game (Grid 2) that the devs kindly made public, invited people to watch, and comment on what we see. I thought it was good and liked what I saw, feeling better every time I see one of these about my pre-order.

What gets me is that fully 1/3-1/2 these people are bitching that there's no cockpit camera this time around (it's my preferred view in most driving games but not Grid, so no big loss) or that there isn't s demolition derby mode (news flash, they did a whole game called Dirt Showdown just for that) who also have to state repeatedly that if the game doesn't have those things they aren't getting it. I don't care if you're getting the friggin' game!!!

Oh and let's go into the people who say it looks like crap for just a second. I don't think any of them noticed that the stream runs at 240p by default. It looked fine to me there but once I upped to 720p it looked awesome. Is it really hard to pay attention to what you're doing before spouting off?

Why do so many people feel the need to think that their view is the only way to go and everyone else is wrong? And then keep stating it over and over again? Do they really have a deep seated need to be recognized for something?

On the other hand, there were quite a few people who like what they saw and added positive feedback (what the people who did this are looking for) or asked legitimate questions. Often the same questions I had. Funny how they weren't stating over and over again that they are buying the game.

To sum it up nicely, and I think they should put this in the comments section next time they run a stream. It's a racing game, on road and street circuits, without a cockpit cam, for all platforms. Don't want that, don't buy it.... easy.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue May 07, 2013 10:49 am

So as I was idling along behind the street sweeper (which really wasn't doing a good job) on the way to work this morning I had a thought. Why are they doing that when it's supposed to be raining for the next 2 days, hence washing dirt back onto the road? It would seem to me that doing the street after the rain might make more sense, rather than before. Of course, this is the town that plows the bike path before the road after a snow storm.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Tue May 07, 2013 11:26 am

flaming Rolling Eyes
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu May 16, 2013 9:44 am

So I'm going to go only a little rant here, so bear with me as this has been building for a while now. I have 2 bosses, the Chief Financial Officer and the Chief Operating Officer. The CFO had back surgery 2 years ago and the COO is here 6-7 days a week getting things done. Then the Service writer and I split duties on the second level down. Here's the kicker, the service writer is leaving, which means in theory we all need to take up the slack until we can find a replacement, except.....

Over the past year the CFO seems to be having shorter and shorter work days, 5 hours is late for her because "her back hurts her too much to work any longer." Weekends and holidays? We won't be seeing her.

Today has put me over the top on this one. The COO is up in Boston having the leg he broke examined for the final time (btw he was here the day after it was broken) The CFO came in for an hour and then "had" to attend some kind of Chamber of Commerce meeting. She'll be gone for 2 hours, back here for maybe an hour while a TV commercial is being shot and then probably gone for the day soon after, not a bad gig if you can get away with it.

Now maybe I'm old school, but if I can't work a full day because my health is so bad, I'm probably going to be fired or "let go" however you want to put it, and I would fully expect to be. When short staffed, I fully expect to be working more, not taking even more time off. This has gotten to the point where workers who don't normally notice what others are doing are making comments about this behavior. I think even the owners are getting the word on it since they keep calling and getting everyone but her on the phone.

It's just that I'm getting a bad feeling that with the service writer leaving, my 5 day work week has gone by the wayside because one of the people who is supposed to running things can't or won't (and I'm leaning towards this) take up the slack like the rest of us have to.

Am I being unreasonable in thinking that the rest of us are getting screwed here? Yeah we get paid overtime monies but personally, I'm too old to be working 6-7 days a week for this reason.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Thu May 16, 2013 10:31 am

I'd have a word in the owners shell like Shane Wink
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by saint1970 Thu May 16, 2013 2:58 pm

fuck em!!!!!! lol, if you do more than your fair share and things are going fine you may find that they will never ask the lazy cow to do more work nor even replace the one leaving. focus on doing YOUR work 1st while offering to help as much as possible. and grass the bitch up too!!!!! dont let the work shy fecker get away with it.
saint1970
saint1970

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Thu May 16, 2013 3:28 pm

She is lazy, pushing paper does not require your back.
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri May 17, 2013 9:51 am

Chapter 2, the CFO just came down from her lofty office to berate one of the girls about something she did wrong. Yeah that's fine, mistakes need to be pointed out and corrected, but you don't do that in front of co-workers and customers so loudly that everyone can hear it. That's basic management 101. This woman has the management skills of a bull in a China shop.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next