NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grumpy old gamers

+4
madd_rocker
GreasedupBadger
Shane
Jessica
8 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Grumpy old gamers - Page 8 Empty Re: Grumpy old gamers

Post by saint1970 Thu May 16, 2013 2:58 pm

fuck em!!!!!! lol, if you do more than your fair share and things are going fine you may find that they will never ask the lazy cow to do more work nor even replace the one leaving. focus on doing YOUR work 1st while offering to help as much as possible. and grass the bitch up too!!!!! dont let the work shy fecker get away with it.

saint1970

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Thu May 16, 2013 3:28 pm

She is lazy, pushing paper does not require your back.

Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri May 17, 2013 9:51 am

Chapter 2, the CFO just came down from her lofty office to berate one of the girls about something she did wrong. Yeah that's fine, mistakes need to be pointed out and corrected, but you don't do that in front of co-workers and customers so loudly that everyone can hear it. That's basic management 101. This woman has the management skills of a bull in a China shop.

Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Fri May 17, 2013 10:24 am

That sounds familiar Laughing
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Fri May 17, 2013 10:44 am

It is better for me not to say what I want to say.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri May 17, 2013 10:52 am

I chose that route myself.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri May 17, 2013 3:38 pm

Post script to chapter 2.... it seems that the person the CFO was publicly berating wasn't even in the building at the time of said berating. When I went to talk to her about it, she didn't even know it had happened. Another reason to confront people face to face rather than yelling across the building at them. That way you know they are actually getting the message. Back to Management 101.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Fri May 17, 2013 4:14 pm

Where is the fish slap when you need one!
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sun May 26, 2013 2:02 am

So, last night when I logged on to Blops it mentioned new maps, so I thought I'd buy them.

Only issue was, hubby had forgotten his password and we needed to change the details for payments. After taking 40 mins to look up how to change a password, getting the email with the new code, changing it again, and re-registering a new c.card I still couldn't get the maps Exclamation

Not sure what the issue is, new card on ok, password changed ok, but maps still not working - so I guess I'll be spending more time today trying to sort this out Evil or Very Mad
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:25 pm

I have a couple of winners today. First up, I have a co-worker who is constantly complaining about pretty much anything and everything. I can only listen to this for so long before I lose it. I can understand being unhappy with something but if you can't come up with any idea how to fix it, just please STFU!!

Next up, at the weekly meeting we were once again reminded that we're busy and short handed but "working as a team we'll get through it." That's fine but the person I'm quoting left after 5 hours today (her usual routine) knowing full well that left me as the only one in the building doing my job, the service writer's job, and the office managers job. What the f%^& happened to that team thing?

Okay rant over.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Just contact the person of highest authority.
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:34 pm

That would be me Zem. She's above me and that's it except for the owners that we never see.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:37 pm

Well if you can't contact the owners then you're pretty much stuck in that crap situation.
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:15 pm

Yep.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:26 am

Surely you have a phone number or address for the owners Question Can't you let them know their 'manager' isn't managing somehow Question

Next time you have the team talk why don't you bring it up Question

I'm sure your summer staff will turn up soon, hang in there, you get time off now too so enjoy Very Happy
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:41 am

No to beat a dead horse but I'm going to do it anyway because it might make me feel better. So here we are on the day that the bulk of our boats are supposed to be in the water, and it happens to be the nicest day of the year so far. All the staff is out getting boats ready or delivering boats and me and the office girl are the only ones on hand to deal with the actual "live" customers but there's one thing glaring at us... another manager to man the phones might be nice to have today. That seems to be a little much though. I guess the whole "team" thing we all hear about pertains to the rest of the staff, which would explain why everyone else is working today, most of us well into overtime already for the week and the CAO is at home. Now please excuse me while I go answer the phones....
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:48 am

End of Period at work once a month, mammoth admin to do at the last minute every time because management are not organised.  So, why is it my boss seems to be away when he's needed Question

Not sure why I'm expected to work miracles, and he left me some of his work to do too Exclamation

Roll on the weekend.
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:10 am

I see a trend here.... sad really.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:46 am

My last incoming phone call of the day (10 mins before I left) was from a really rude and totally unpleasant man. He was angry because he'd spoken to my boss and my boss said he'd phone him back and never did. He then phoned again and left a message for my boss, again he didn't phone him back.

That's still no reason to treat me like something unsavoury on his shoe, and tell me he wanted to speak to someone 'higher up the food chain' than me too Evil or Very Mad 

I promised him I'd phone him back within 5 minutes with the answer to his question, and I did. Rather than apologise for his behaviour and thank me, he then asked me why my boss hadn't bothered phoning him back with the information in the first place. My answer was 'Sorry, I don't know'. What I really wanted to say was 'perhaps because you're such an arsehole?!!!' Rolling Eyes 
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Земляне Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:57 am

3 words sum up the day.
Air-con didn't work.
Земляне
Земляне

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:09 pm

Pet peeve of the day. I downloaded Walking Dead so I could play it when I got home. Turn the game on and have to wait for 7 updates to download and install. Okay I can see that on a disc game where you can't change it once it's published but ffs why can't you include those updates in the digital version of the game?
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:44 am

Today's "special" treat, and there were several on the way to work today, this was just the worst one. Driving along behind a truck, nice straight clear road, at 35. Said truck decides to stop, no warning just stop. I repeat, nothing at all in the road. I swerve around so as not to hit him, and as I look over he's talking on the phone. Now I get stopping while talking on the phone but ffs, don't stop in the middle of the road to do it, pull out of the way.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:43 pm

One word..........."dum-ass"
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:59 pm

Okay this one came across my desk a few minutes ago. Back story, early this spring, one of our charter captains took his fishing party out, not only in bad weather but also to an area that was more than his boat could handle and he should know that. So he ends up flipping the boat but manages to keep everyone alive and clinging to the boat but has no communication with anyone. When he doesn't come back on time, his boss and father call the coast guard and sets off in the fog to try to find him. They find him and his party bobbing in 10' seas and get everyone back to shore in pretty good shape. All well and good, file it under shit happens.

Now the local Lifesaving museum are awarding both captains a special award for their actions next week. That's like giving someone who caused a car accident a medal because they pulled the other driver out of the way before the car blew up. Why not give the award to the Coast Guard who had to go out in weather when nobody should have been out and did the actual rescuing? Pisses me off when people who are full blown idiots do shit like this and get turned into heroes in someone's eyes.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:48 pm

Now that is funny and sad at the same time.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:59 am

You should share your views with the local lifesaving museum, it seems they don't have the full story Wink 

Failing them changing their mind, I'd get in touch with a local journalist, they love stories like this Very Happy 
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:44 am

Today's subject changing business hours without notice....

For the past 10 years when we need something in a hurry I can have it flown over the next day, instead of going through regular shipping, and it was easy enough to stop by before or after work and pick it up as they were open 7-5, at least, in the summer they were open later.

So this week I go after work to pick up a package like I have been doing for a decade. There's a sign on the door that says as of last Monday they are now open Tuesday through Friday 8-4. 1 wasted trip. So I'm supposed to be at work at 8 but I let everyone know I'll be late because I have to pick this up. I'm there at 7:55 and wait.... until 8:15 when they finally decide to open the doors. More time wasted.

Now I'm used to hours changing for the winter. We do it here but we put up notices and send out emails 2-4 weeks in advance. My suppliers do the same. But we had been out there 4-5 times in the past week and nobody saw any kind of notice that they were changing hours. Piss poor planning on somebodies part and inconivient as hell to those of us who work 8:00-4:30. So now if we need something on short notice I'll have to waste 45 minutes of my workday to drive out there and back to get it while they are open.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:53 am

Look on the bright side Shane, that's 45 minutes of your day driving and not having to work - I'd do it as often as possible Very Happy 
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next