NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grumpy old gamers

+4
madd_rocker
GreasedupBadger
Shane
Jessica
8 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Grumpy old gamers - Page 2 Empty Re: Grumpy old gamers

Post by Jessica Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:19 am

OK, garages... why can't they be honest and tell you when they think everything will be fixed on cars? Why try and bluff it out for weeks?

I was told when I first let the garage have my car to repair "You might have it back by the weekend", then that changed to "It'll be ready mid-week" (of the following week). That altered to (next week from the last comment of course) "You'll have it to use on Tuesday", which changed to "You'll have it back on Tuesday evening". Next was "Sorry, you'll have it for Wednesday", then "You'll have it back on Wednesday".

Last comment I had was "You'll have it back Thursday morning by 0915". Well, it's 0820 now, but I don't think I'll start holding my breath any time soon!
Rolling Eyes

Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:43 am

just ask them, what the blank blank hold up and why is it.

madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:10 am

Right, that's it! I'm officially fed up with 2010!!!

First I had my car crash (got the car back now, but the insurance are still messing me about)

Then I had my credit card cloned (at a TGI's - beware)

Now I've been given a prescription for a problem with my elbow and apparently I'm allergic to the tablets Rolling Eyes

I woke up at 5am (after going to bed at 1am) with numb fingers, feeling dizzy, my whole body itching and swollen, and I was shaking too. One anti-allergy tablet taken, now I just have to wait for it to take effect properly.

To top it all, I'm booked in for a c t scan today. I guess that should be ok, as long as I don't doze off during it
Laughing

Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:52 am

Jessica wrote:Right, that's it! I'm officially fed up with 2010!!!

First I had my car crash (got the car back now, but the insurance are still messing me about)

Now I've been given a prescription for a problem with my elbow and apparently I'm allergic to the tablets Rolling Eyes

I woke up at 5am (after going to bed at 1am) with numb fingers, feeling dizzy, my whole body itching and swollen, and I was shaking too. One anti-allergy tablet taken, now I just have to wait for it to take effect properly.

To top it all, I'm booked in for a c t scan today. I guess that should be ok, as long as I don't doze off during it
Laughing

you think thats bad. i stubbed my toe last night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:54 am

Small toe is the worst. Grumpy old gamers - Page 2 _ouch__by_lexy04
Shane
Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:57 am

Jessica wrote:Right, that's it! I'm officially fed up with 2010!!!

Laughing

seriously though i know how a bad start to the year can feel. last year in januray i had the 3rd op to remove a suspected cancerous lump from my finger and tore my tendons off my rib. not to mention a slew of colds and bugs i caught. felt like an invalid for the 1st 3 months of the year.

glad to say so far 2010 is shaping up to be better.... touch wood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:57 am

Shane wrote:Small toe is the worst. Grumpy old gamers - Page 2 _ouch__by_lexy04

a man who knows the meaning of pain!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:14 am

I'm actually enjoying 2010 thus far. Turned 18 for one, and nothing to complain about. It's just nice to have a good start to the year for a change. Suffice to say my previous two have been awful for a plethora of reasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:42 am

So far, so good, still have vacation time to use for vacation time. The meaning behind this is that for the last 5yrs running, I have been forced to used vacation time for funeral(7 times) leave. And to be honest, it really, really sucks.

Knock on wood.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:37 am

Why do Vodaphone have such a useless top up service? I've been trying to top up my mobile for 2 days now, I spend anything from 5 - 10 minutes on the phone, then it says "There's a problem with the Vodaphone system, you may want to phone back later. Bye" and cuts me off Evil or Very Mad

It's so bloody annoying, especially as I only have about 30p credit left. Why can't they employ a human being to sort it out?!!!
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:17 am

Now I know I complain a lot during games, but that's how I deal with my own lack of skill more than anything else. I have spent the last few days looking at the BC2 public forums and have yet to find any useful information. Why is it people have to use these things to whine about things out of their control, or better yet, attack someone with a different point of view? If you don't like the game, the last time I checked you don't have to play it, so don't, and move along so people who do want to help each other enjoy a game can get together to do just that.

Rant over....
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:53 am

Brings back memories of CODHQ
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:59 am

madd_rocker wrote:Brings back memories of CODHQ

shudder at the thought

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Little helpful information, players who whine and attack others, that reminds me of a another forum I once knew lol!
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:57 am

Today's rant has to do with cable TV. Now last year we made this switch to digital here in the US. I don't have anything special in my apartment, I was fine with the extended basic that I got, which is local channels and a few of the cable channels (FX, TNT, Discovery) no HBO or movie channels and at the time they told us that as long as we have a digital ready TV, we didn't need to do a thing. Last week it seems that the straight cable without any kind of converter box went from about 40 channels to 15 or so, all local channels, okay fine, so I reset my recorder and TV for that. This morning I wake up and turn on the TV to the same exact channel I was watching last night (which was a digital channel) and I get a message that says it is scrambled, so now I back to 15 analog channels that don't do much at all for me. There has been no notice of any of this going on and now it looks like what they told us a year ago is a lie, and I have to go get some kind of converter box if I want the extended basic cable package. There goes my afternoon now.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:18 am

could be worse.... you could have stubbed your toe getting out of bed this morning!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:42 am

Sounds like a provider problem to me, and a lot of these cable companies are full of BS anyways since they are contracted though the communities that they serve and are kind of a monopolistic.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:48 am

Well I just got off the phone with "customer service" and now they tell me I need to get another box because of the digital migration. Making all the recording and TV equipment I have, that has been working just fine for the past 3 years, worthless unless I can remember to set the channel I want to record everyday before I walk away from it. They came up short of telling me that they lied to us last year but that's what they did. The poor lady called it "miscommunication" on their part. So I'm thinking that since I don't really watch that much TV I'll just go with the basic basic that I have now and watch anything else I want online. I'll be damned if I'm throwing more money at them for the one or two shows that I can watch online for nothing.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:56 pm

Along the same lines, our Sky box started playing up last night. Today we discovered we have a box that was part of a recall, apparently everyone (apart from us) who has one was sent a letter in March 09 telling them they'd get a replacement box and £30 refund for the inconvenience.

Now we have to watch about 28 hours worth of recorded programmes in 4 - 5 hours of free time because they're coming to swap boxes over Friday morning Rolling Eyes

Oh, and we don't qualify for the refund now either because it's been a year since the offer was made (even though we were never told about it in the first place)! Evil or Very Mad

I remember the good old days when everything we recorded was kept on a convenient vhs tape, ready to replay whenever we liked - portable too. Isn't technology wonderful
Laughing
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:59 pm

Sometimes technology can be too much, and not necessary for the better.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:38 pm

Jess, answer to your question.

Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country. - www.dol.gov/opa/aboutdol/laborday.htm
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:50 am

Thanks for the info Ryan, sorry I had to dash out on the chat.
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:54 am

Today I looked at one of my other accounts and ran across a comment on my last video that has me a little puzzled. I won't post the vid again but for anyone who missed it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVskyUTKWrE&feature=player_embedded

Now I look at the comment, and I quote. "this player really aint in a hurry to do anything useful, lol"

So I look back over the video and in the first life I throw out 3 med kits, revive one player and help capture 2 flags. The next bit I'm stuck with a shotgun because I switched kits when I revived, so I spend it watching C flag and spotting for my team. How much more useful can I be given that I had never even seen that map before? Am I being overly sensitive?
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:56 am

No. Idiots aren't restricted to gaming only you know Wink
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:51 am

Why is it that many people have so much trouble putting their lights on when it's foggy. Visibility this morning is less than 1/4 mile, yet only one in four cars I saw on the way in this morning had their lights on. Is there some kind of major effort involved in flicking that switch to on?
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:00 am

Even more darned annoying is those idiots who know exactly where the switch is, and seem to think it's compulsory to use them when it's just dark!
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:06 pm

Why is it the people who moan 'ooo, it's too hot, I don't like it' in the summer are always the ones who start bleating about how horrible it is when it's cold in the winter! Rolling Eyes

Top tips:

In the summer - wear bugger all, get a fan, and air conditioning if possible, use a water mister if necessary and take cooler showers as often as possible.

In the winter, put another jumper on, turn up the heating or go to bed. Cool

If our climate really isn't to your liking there's an easy resolution - MOVE!
Laughing
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:36 am

A BEAUTIFUL MESSAGE ABOUT GROWING OLD:

Grumpy old gamers - Page 2 Pic110

Crap ...
I forgot what it was.

madd_rocker