NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rainbow 6 Seige

2 posters

Go down

Rainbow 6 Seige Empty Rainbow 6 Seige

Post by Shane Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:08 am

Due out the first of December but the closed beta is going on until Oct. 4 and they've given me some spare codes to hand out. I have 3 left I can give away if anyone is interested. If you haven't looked at it, it is a 5v5, either PvP or PvE, tactical 1st person shooter. The first few minutes are spent scouting the target or prepping for the assault then the shooting starts. No respawns, you die your done for the round, if the assaulters manage the objective or kill all the opposition they win. If the defenders take out all of the assault team they win. Best of 6 timed rounds wins. The modes I have seen are pure TDM, hostage rescue, and bomb disposal.
Shane
Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Rainbow 6 Seige Empty Re: Rainbow 6 Seige

Post by Shane Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:12 pm

And, they are gone....
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:33 pm

Shocked Rolling Eyes
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:35 pm

Sorry bud, scooped up by my old friends at STP
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:14 am

Well I rented it. I'm not sure if I'll keep it yet, it depends on how many others have it. So far I've only done the training missions called "situations" and even on the normal setting they are pretty hard. I've not tried anything online yet. There's either 5v5 games or 5vAI games and based on the situations, I'm thinking playing against the AI will be the more difficult of the 2, those guys don't give you a break. A decent sound system or headset is a must, I've heard them breaking down doors and set up for them before they could come up behind me, and they will come in behind you if you aren't paying attention.

For the record, these are all fairly small maps and involve a lot of clearing rooms and blowing stuff up (my favorite part.) though there are some maps big enough that a sniper does have some use. I also have to admit, it's kind of fun to rappel down a wall upside down to shoot a bad guy through a window. The graphics are decent but nothing like some of the new stuff that's been coming out. I think they put more effort into how the game plays rather than how it looks but it's still pretty good. Hopefully I'll have more to report after the weekend when I have the chance to get more into it.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:40 am

Last night I finally got through the last "situation" which is 5 random players trying to diffuse 2 bombs in a low visibility area. I must have tried that 10-15 times before we finally got it done. The strange thing was that I was the only one with a mic in the entire round. I was also the only one to survive the entire round. And yes I have photo proof of it. Smile

Anyway, I played some 5v5 games last night as well and that went pretty well. Here's the good things they do. You are put into games with people of the same skill level, which means nobody knows what they are doing. Comms actually work. And if you do die, you can use the cameras and drones to help you living team mates. Operators can only be 1 of a kind in each match which means you can use each others attributes to work together instead of having all gunners running around.

Down side, team killing is possible.... oops. There does seem to be some connection differences, occasionally you die without reason. Only about 1/2 the people have mics so the rest seem to just do their own thing in a team based game. That don't work.

I'm still on the fence about keeping this one. If there were more people playing it, I would but the random factor right now makes it tough to keep. I have gotten to the point where I can set up private rooms and there's always the PvE game modes... which are a real bitch on your ow
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:38 pm

And that is why I was leary of this type of game, because it would short life with-out a full complement of friends to play with, and we all sure as heck dont get to play at the same times very much.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:55 am

I think I've decided to keep it. This weekend was shit, losing connection to servers, getting frozen in place, crap like that. I think mostly because of lousy internet connection from other players, much like COD but last night I went on a run on the PvE games and had a great time, even though very few people seem to be able to use mics. I can only do an hour or 2 at a time though because it really is pretty intense, whether waiting for the bad guys to attack or trying to get away with a hostage while under fire. I think that we're to the point where the people who don't really understand that the game takes teamwork to win have dropped it and the others can play well with others are getting better at it. Even just trying to get all the single player achievements may keep me happy for a while.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:39 pm

So I played some over the weekend, playing on your own can be a crap shoot. Sometimes you get some good people who understand it takes teamwork to win but way too often you end up with the "people" (for lack of a better term) who just don't get it.

My funny/ sad story was from one of the last games I played where I finally gave up for the weekend. It starts in the lobby with a young person screaming into the mic, trying to figure out who else has a mic. Then as the game is loading, he's asking his friend what we're doing. In this case it was a hostage rescue, go in, find the hostage, bring them out. Normally, I like to get to the building, throw out a drone, locate the target, and then move ahead from there. Usually I'll stick close to 1 or 2 people so we can move together, cover each other, and revive if possible. Well the game starts and young buck charges right through the front door, onto a trap, and then gets shot (mind you, there are plenty of other safer ways to enter these buildings..... like going with back up.) Somehow he survived that, barely, and charges down the first hallway, only to get shot in the back because he didn't check the room he passed. Then I hear, "How come I don't spawn again?"  Maybe because this is a 1 life per round sort of game.

This seems to be the trend of shooters, most kills, just rush in, and don't worry about what happens because you get to spawn again and keep going. Guess what? This isn't one of those games. It was obvious that this person had just gotten the game because his friend told him to and he wasn't happy. Smile Hey there's a reason they give you 11 training missions that they recommend working through before starting the mp stuff.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:53 pm

LOL, that is so sad, but, so true. People just dont get it with the one life (like for real) thing and just run and gun it(COD anyone).
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum