NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Battlefront

4 posters

Go down

Star Wars Battlefront Empty Star Wars Battlefront

Post by Shane Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:28 am

My copy showed up yesterday. I've not done much more than the tutorials and a few of the training missions but it seems pretty good so far. The solo stuff can also be done with 1 other person, so that could be fun. I'm willing to give them a try anytime if anyone wants to give those a go. I'm not sure how the mp is but listening to a couple of guys in the party I was in last night it could be interesting... just keep me away from anything that flies (based on the training missions.)

So who wants to get together and give them so go?
Shane
Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Battlefront Empty Re: Star Wars Battlefront

Post by GlennBacca Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:46 am

I got my copy yesterday even though the release date in Europe is today.
I was playing pretty much all day yesterday and I absolutely loved it! Keep in mind though that I am a huge fan of Star Wars and the Battlefront games. I had the first 2 for PS2 back in the day and spent countless hours on them.
The multiplayer is great! The game looks great as well. From my experience the players in objective modes actually play the objective unlike what they do in Call of Duty. That being said, objective modes can be frustrating solo so that is best played in a party. But that is to be expected I think.
There is a TDM mode called Blast that is surprisingly fun. I'm not a fan of straight up deathmatch modes, but I actually enjoyed this one. I put that down to the great map design in this game. I have actually only found 2 maps/places that I don't like too much. There is a map on Hoth that is used for small game modes that is kind of frustrating as it is full of tunnels and it can be difficult to know where to run to find the objective and enemies. And then it's Endor. No specific part of the map (maps are split up in parts like they are in Battlefield), just Endor in general. I just think it's too hard to find enemies in that gigantic forest. Especially the rebels as they have camouflage.
Gun balance could be a little better though. There are a couple of really underpowered weapons, yup, underpowered.
GlennBacca
GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:52 pm

Other than my L1 and R1 perks randomly setting off during the missions I really haven't found anything bad yet. Glenn is right, some of the maps are hard to pick out the enemy on but I suppose it works both ways. Can I also just say the snow speeder sucks.... talk about under powered. It may move around fast but it doesn't do any damage. I ended up doing the mission mostly just because I flew into things trying to get close enough to damage them. So lesson learned... don't be letting me fly stuff.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:01 am

No change there then Shane, I've seen you in charge of a helicopter lol. Sounds like a good one to get, maybe this weekend I'll see if it's around Very Happy
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:08 am

We now have it! Hubby was playing campaign yesterday for a bit, it looks pretty tricky. I might see if I can have a go today, great look to it, just trouble getting the enemy to die lol.
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:58 am

Even though I'm horrible at it, I played with Lisa and family yesterday and it was much more enjoyable than giving it a go alone, much like the Battlefield games. It's taking some time to figure out the maps, I seem to spend a lot of time running around just trying to find a way out.

I did solve the problem of the L1/R1 buttons randomly going off on me. Kyan mention that just touching the touch pad would make it happen to him. Shut off the touchpad emotes and problem was solved.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:42 am

I loved it, did pretty well for a rusty old gamer lol. Hoping to get on Friday night, see how I go with real opposition lol.

Nice to find a game I like again, it's been a long time!
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennBacca Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:08 pm

Shane wrote:I did solve the problem of the L1/R1 buttons randomly going off on me. Kyan mention that just touching the touch pad would make it happen to him. Shut off the touchpad emotes and problem was solved.

I had that problem too. I had seen that you could use the touch pad for that but it said you had to swipe, so I thought it wouldn't be a problem. But it turned to register even the slightest of swipes so I kept throwing grenades at everything...

Btw, what's the pointing of using the touch pad for those buttons? It's way easier to control if you use the actual buttons on the controller. Did they put it in the game just because they can? I don't get it.
GlennBacca
GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:36 pm

I'd rather that they used that touch pad to bring up a map so I had some idea where I should be going.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:56 am

Must just be a way some people hold the controller, my thumbs are always on the sticks, nowhere near the touch pad Very Happy
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennBacca Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:01 am

Jessica wrote:Must just be a way some people hold the controller, my thumbs are always on the sticks, nowhere near the touch pad  Very Happy

The thumbs aren't the problem, it's the index fingers. I have big hands so my index fingers often touch the touch pad on the top of the controller. That little part of it that sort of "bends" over to the the side of the controller with the triggers.
GlennBacca
GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:12 am

I think it's the same with me Glenn. I could swear I wasn't anywhere near that pad with my thumbs but I was shooting.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:25 pm

I had problems with shooting at people and then all of the sudden I would try and melee and die.

But, good note is that I'm liking and doing good at fighter squadron.

Also, I really like base command, it doesn't look like many people play it, but you get points, credits and unlocks with it.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:03 am

I played MP last night for the first time, with Shane, enjoyed it mostly. Will be much better when I can get grenades and actually have a gun that works lol. Hope to do it again next Friday Very Happy
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:45 pm

Rocker I don't see base command. Where is that listed?

Anyway, before Jess got on I was having some crap games but once she got on and we switched to drop zone (think headquarters in space) it went pretty well. Even though nobody was playing last night, I had a good run on my own, once I remembered these are objective based games. When I stayed on an objective instead of running around looking for bad guys, the kills and points started stacking up nicely.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:19 am

Love the objective games, looking forward to getting on Friday again now.
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennBacca Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:28 am

Shane wrote:Rocker I don't see base command. Where is that listed?

Base Command is a game in the Battlefront app for apple and android devices.
I have the app but haven't tried it out yet so have no idea how it works though.
GlennBacca
GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:37 am

Well that explains it....
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:47 am

I did find it, but being sick and busy at work kind of leaves that off to the side for now. I've had some really good games, and some really bad games the last couple of nights, part of that may well have been the servers I was on. I've noticed the weak signal thing coming up sometimes, that's what I get for joining friends from the UK I guess.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:07 pm

I notice the weak signal thing all of the time, they need some form of region locking, because is sometimes it gets really bad and have to back out.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down