NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open beta

4 posters

Go down

Open beta Empty Open beta

Post by Shane Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:37 am

I got my early access code today and have loaded it up. Now to see how it looks after I get home. Hopefully, I'll have some details tomorrow or Thursday, since I have the day off. Wink
Shane
Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Open beta Empty Re: Open beta

Post by Shane Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:53 am

I've just been watching some live feeds.... Stu, tankboy lives!! I can see you enjoying this one buddy.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:56 am

I played for a couple of hours last night. I tried both available modes and all the classes, and have decided I still suck at battlefield games. Somehow every tank I got in was a light one, I couldn't drive anything for crap and had no idea how to change the view so I could see what I was doing. The horse was a good time though. I still have no idea how the planes fly but being able to shoot them down was nice.

So for fun, Rush is still the way to go. Conquest is good for points but the map is so big getting from place to place can be a challenge, though once you get there, usually nobody is around and you can rack up big points. I think my best game was playing Scout on Rush where I could stay back, spot people and occasionally shoot some fool who ran in front of me.

Still the same issues as any BF game, little and no teamwork. Ridges full of snipers laying side by side, and medics who stand over you shooting instead of healing. I do like that the environment is actually destructable.... just don't be in a building when it comes down.

So based on a couple of hours of play I'll give it a 6/10 and will probably get it when it rolls out this fall. It's still fun if very frustrating at times, mostly because of your team, not the game itself.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:47 am

Downloading now. Havent played anything in a month or so. Hoping to hop on this later tonight if work doesnt keep me too late. Have an early client meeting in Miami tomorrow, so cant stay up late tonight.

GoD_GraveDancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:32 pm

Good, I can get my butt handed to me with a friend who swears just as much as I do. Very Happy
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:06 pm

Make that three grumpy old bastards, and I should be there tonight also. Game is loaded, tried it at lunch, can be fun, but the map isn't my favorite.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:52 pm

It's not the greatest map, I'll agree. I do like the added effect of the random sand storms.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennBacca Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:57 pm

Tried it for an hour or so earlier today and to be honest I wasn't too impressed. First impression is that it definitely doesn't live up to the hype, but that's just first impression. I will play more before I make up my mind. I think the sand storms are annoying as it makes it impossible to see, but it does help to mix it up and make it more realistic. I did like the weather changing though. When you have anywhere from 10 to 16 maps to play on (dlc excluded) just having random weather can really help to mix it up and keep the game fresh. I think the fact that they made the weather change during the game was quite impressive. I have been wanting weather changes since I got the idea of Cliffside at night in puring rain back on WaW.
GlennBacca
GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:57 am

That would have been a better night had the servers been working. I managed to get online but it was pretty horrible. I'm thinking EA may have failed their beta test.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:13 pm

Yup! I did get on for a while. Biggest complaint is that spawns are at time much out in the open and too easy to be spawn raped, specially on rush, but conquest can get there also.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by GoD_GraveDancer Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:57 pm

Played 3-4 games last night (my first time gaming in a month or so). No server issues, but the game didnt do anything for me. I was very disappointed in hit detection and the gameplay in general. This map may be one of my least favorite maps of all time, spanning all FPS.

GoD_GraveDancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:42 am

I managed to have a couple of decent games but more server issues in the evening. I think the biggest problem so far is that the maps are way too big for these weapons, though I have made some amazing shots. It's still a team game though and playing on your own just doesn't do it for me.

I've also had some of the issues Gravy has, hit someone 4 times with the Lewis gun and they turn around to kill me with a pistol. Basically SSDD. The excitement to see this one come out is wearing off quickly but it's still better than wall running, jump pack, COD/ Titanfall.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:16 am

LOL, we all know that beta maps are usually the biggest map that shows everything that they have, and other maps tend to be better, plus i bought some new toys and want to try them out tonight, so I should be on.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down