NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Division

3 posters

Go down

The Division Empty The Division

Post by Shane Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:03 pm

Well in just over a month we get to try this one out. Already a lot of critics are thinking it might be the next Destiny. Based on my play in the closed beta, I decided to order it. Mind you, if you don't like 3rd person shooters this might not be for you. The story line is that a virus has been released in New York City and you have been called in to help restore order.

This game has single player, jump in jump out co-op, and a whole separate mp area. Pretty much everything is customizable from your character to your weapons. Like AC it's one big sandbox you can explore, it has story missions, side missions, etc. You can pick up stuff pretty much everywhere you go... you can also run into bad guys anywhere to. I found that out the hard way. Wink I found it to be challenging but not stupidly hard like Watchdogs was so I have hope that there's plenty to do and keep going with this one.

The detail, from the environment to the changing weather and light is amazing and once you get a hand on the controls (which really aren't that different from most shooters) play was pretty smooth. Someone finally came up with a cover system that works. I rarely found myself stuck to something or had trouble moving to another spot. Remember I mentioned cover, because if you don't use it, things go badly pretty quick.

Lastly I mention ranking, you do "rank up" but you use all that to upgrade your base, the stronger your base, the more goodies you get. Though slightly futuristic, nothing is out of this world crazy that it doesn't make sense. Also remember to grab anything you can along the way, you can sell it later or use it for customizing next time you swing by the base. Oh and I picked up some sharp clothes from helping out civilians.

I'm really starting to look forward to this one when it comes out.
Shane
Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The Division Empty Re: The Division

Post by madd_rocker Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:12 pm

Sweet, I'm still getting it!
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:12 pm

Open beta available for all on PS4 on the 19th.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:17 pm

And for the first time since Destiny came out, I signed in and fully 2/3 of my friends were playing the beta. There is hope that this does well and has enough to keep us entertained for a while.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:23 pm

Now that's a beta test. I'm betting Ubisoft hopes to sell half the number of copies of the game to the people who tried out the open beta. That number was 6.4 million people across all 3 platforms. That's pretty impressive.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:50 am

Shocked Still like it and getting it. It was nice playing with Shane again, just at times I really wonder of my mic working, but otherwise, no lag, no disconnects, or lost party bs. It seems to be working near flawlessly.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:50 pm

madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:52 am

After playing the game for almost a week now, I do like how it is put together and how it works. Cover system is very good. Have yet to run into a challenge that I couldn't do alone. And yes they can be challenging, if not a pain in the butt at times, but very do-able. Only had to back out of the game once, because I got suck on garbage and couldn't move. Lesson one, keep moving your weapons and gear up, don't get stuck on one item. Other than that, that is all I have for now.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:33 am

Here is a good description of the game.

DigitalSpy -- 5/5

"There's no getting away from the fact The Divisionis the best open-world that Ubisoft has ever created, while the gameplay is consistently entertaining and cohesive. The deep RPG elements and tactical gunplay just add to that. Plus, the fact you can get so much enjoyment out of being a solo player, with that experience heightened by buddying up, is quite a feat. Playing The Division is a bit like having the flu--you can't get it out of your head and it doesn't ever want to let you go. But unlike the flu, you won't mind at all." -- Sam Loveridge [Full review]
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:34 am

I've had a couple of minor connection issues, once Friday night and again last night but none of them major. I was playing with BigB, and we managed to bang out some missions he had trouble doing on his own but at one point I lost all sound and shooting was "interesting" I just restarted the game and joined back on him and it was all good. Unless I missed it, I'd like to find a guide some time about some of the details, like who's mission map you are seeing, and what that number in the bottom left of the HUD means. Sometimes I play with someone and no matter is they are a group member or the leader you can follow the line to a marked objective and sometimes it doesn't show up. Then again, it might just me me all the way. Very Happy
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:59 pm

I signed in around 5 last night, joined a guy in Vermont for a bit (until his wife came home from work.) After he left, I joined a guy in Southampton, then a guy from Oklahoma joined us, and right after that another friend from Ireland joined the group, so by my figuring that's people spread across 7 time time zones and 1/2 way around the world, and not once did any of us experience any issues. That's almost unheard of in any online game. Just over 4 hours later I noticed what time it was (so did the other guys....) and we called it a night, with no issues and some good times. I'm really not sure what more you could ask for of an online game.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:16 pm

Like I said of the beta, and I will say for the game itself, it is the least flawed, well thought out, put together game that I've ever seen. Kudos to them, and I hope that the other dlc packages will continue to be just as well done.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:11 am

Rocking the white jackets this weekend. Things we learned.... challenging mode on any mission is effin' impossible. We didn't even get to the front door, all level 32 yellows and very aggressive. Yes we ran away. Since you need to complete one of those for the plat, it ain't going to happen. The Dark Zone can be intense but if you keep your nose clean and pay attention to who you're shooting at you can get some good stuff out of there. The daily missions on hard aren't so bad with a group. I think we managed a couple of those without too much trouble. It all works much better with 3 or 4 people working together... and a whole bunch of med kits.

I was right, 2 or 3 days can be spent just collecting stuff after you finish the game. I've got all the lost agents, all the drones, and all the incident reports. I think I have 9 or 10 phones to pick up and 2 or 3 echos. 1 of those echoes seems to be in a mission area so I'll have to do that one if I want to get all of those. Then it's either time in the DZ or start a new character for those noobs just getting this.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:10 am

It was like the old wesrern movie when the cowboys in white hats took on the bad guys in black hats LOL. Im getting close getting everything picked up and worked over. And I already have a 2nd character started, but thinking of getting the other three built and ready for action.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by GoD_GraveDancer Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:15 am

Played it. Didnt like it. Now, I enjoy 3rd person shooters, but this one had a weird feel to it that I just couldnt get into. If there was a real MP part to the game, I might have liked it a bit more. I'll stick to BO3 now that Ive gotten back into gaming a bit - had a rough few months lately that I really havent discussed with anyone.

GoD_GraveDancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:08 am

Well that's no fun Gravy. I can see how some people wouldn't like it. Rocker and I actually started it again last night. The MP is really a whole new thing with the mix of NPCs and real people, you never know what's going to happen. Best bet is to stick with what you enjoy.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:39 am

Hello Gravy, hope all is better now. And games are that way, for some and not for others, so no problem there.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:01 pm

Have to say it was very good and nice to game with Dean and Stu again and company, even if Stu still likes to block door ways and cross in front of your field of fire, LOL! But, with that very good night with 8 was fun, and the next night with of good group of 4 that turned in a good haul of gold equipment made the Dark Zone all worth the worry of rogues, which with either group would have been a mistake to miss with.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum