NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS Vita

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

PS Vita - Page 2 Empty Re: PS Vita

Post by Shane Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:37 am

I play with it pretty much everyday but as I drive to work, I don't use it on my commute. Smile In the rumor mill, the game Dust154, due out some time next year as a cross platform game is also considering using the Vita as the controller for the entire game. That could be interesting.

Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:19 am

I wouldnt be surprised if that was to coincide with a PS4 launch!
I am convinced that a lot of the PSV capabilities will be realised when the Next Gen Sony console comes out.
I am nearly done with the Motorstorm RC Platty now. Just got 20 seconds left to shave off my times in total tho thats still pretty tough as there is very little room for error to improve on most of my times now.
I will prob get the 2 DLCs for it tho as its a fun game but i want to also get in to Uncharted as well.
I am not going to buy Unit 13 or Wipeout until i have completed Uncharted tho as i am hoping that by then the prices may have dropped a bit, or i will at least be able to pick up a cheaper 2nd hand copy anyhow.

I also read a rumour that they may release a COD on the Vita but from the info it sounds like it will be a separate release from the main ones so no cross platform gaming on it.

DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu May 10, 2012 3:08 pm

I just saw this, and it's one of the reasons I went with the Vita, but it seems that Skype is now available. I'll check it when I get home.

Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:42 am

Well for those of us that have a Vita you would be well aware that to date PS Vita Trophies can not currently be seen on your PS3 system although the Vita does show all the PS3 Trophies.

However a software update due out tomorrow on the PS3 will fix that issue and a New Trophy format resembling the one currently used on the Vita will arrive on the PS3.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/21/ps3-system-software-update-v4-30/
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Yet another reason to get Plus membership...

PlayStation®Plus coming 11/20 to PS Vita™!
The Instant Game Collection will get bigger than ever next week when PlayStation®Plus expands to PS Vita™, bringing Uncharted: Golden Abyss™, Gravity Rush™, WipEout 2048, and more for Plus members to play at no extra cost.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Oooo I'm glad Gravity Rush is going to be free as I wanted to try that one. I already have Uncharted & Wipeout tho.
Still I have so many free games from my PS+ already that I don't know what to do with them all! Lol
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:48 pm

Dazza!!! Dazza!!! Look!!! Look!!!

December sees yet another awesome addition to LittleBigPlanet 2 — the Cross-Controller Pack — making LittleBigPlanet 2 the first game to support this exciting new feature!

But what is Cross-Controller? Well, Cross-Controller lets you to use PS Vita as a controller for PlayStation 3, allowing the use of PS Vita-only features, like front and rear touch, in PlayStation 3 games. More importantly, it provides a whole second screen where action can take place! This allows for an unimaginable number of new ways to play, some of which you’ll experience with the LittleBigPlanet 2 Cross-Controller Pack!

In the LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller Pack, Sackboy joins up with a group of lovable Space Pirates as they race to find a valuable treasure long thought lost to the Cosmos. On their adventure they’ll encounter new obstacles that can only be overcome with the help of PS Vita’s unique features.

As well as a new adventure for Sackboy to take part in, players can get their hands on a suite of new tools that let them create Cross-Controller levels for the community to play.

The LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller Pack will be available via download on PSN Tuesday, December 18th for $4.99, and requires a PlayStation 3, a copy of LittleBigPlanet 2 and a PS Vita.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:38 am

Awesome!
I cant wait to try this out!
I love the LBP Vita and its possible the best game for the Vita so far.
I just need to find someone to party up with to do the x2 Prize bubbles and i will have done everything on the solo campaign as i have already Aced every level and completed all the Arcade games.

Just need to get onto the create mode and make a level to publish with all the new features. Am trying to think up what type of level to create tho.

Oh and i have LBP Karting on my Xmas list but if i dont get it then i will be buying it right after Xmas so will get on that as well.

Sackboy FTW.
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:17 am

Shane take a look at how this cross play is going to work!
Cant wait to give this a go later :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6U0ufl-J4I
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:54 am

that's right that's out today isn't it? I need to stock the wallet and charge the Vita I thinks.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:06 am

Well my PS+ downloaded a big Patch for LBP2 which i assume contains all thats needed for the Cross Play however i could not find the Cross Play DLC in the store last night which i assume is going to be an unlock code.

Didnt have time to play on anything last night tho anyway.
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:22 am

It was there for me. After much downloading of updates and trying to figure out how to make it work, I did play the first level. It's harder than it looks. You're trying to move on the TV while keeping an eye on things going on on the vita. It's fun but it's pretty challenging. Just so you don't waste time, it will come up when you enter your pod computer.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:08 am

OK so i downloaded the DLC last night only to then discover i cant find my LBP2 disc!
It has either been borrowed by Conor in which case i can get it back this weekend or it is somewhere in all the mess we currently have due to the loft conversion being underway.
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:17 am

Oops. Take it from me, you need the disc to make this work.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:25 am

I will find it at some point. Tho actually i also just realised that LBP2 is free on PS+ so if i cant find the disc then at least i wont have to buy it again.

Of course I am assuming that my Profile, game saves and and other DLC will all work with the digital copy of the game even tho they were all done against the disc copy!
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:34 am

It all works the same since all LBP info is shared across all the games. I have my first LBP Sackboy driving my kart.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:38 am

Cool beans
LBP FTW.

Hope i get Karting for Xmas but if not i will be picking it up soon after anyway.
Are you considering getting the LBP Vita Shane?
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:58 am

I am but need to wait until after Christmas as it may be under the tree. Wink
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:06 am

HAHAHA
I have the same problem with a few games. I did quite a big list this year so as to give family some choice but it has back fired on me as half of them have pretty much halved in price and i wont know what i have or not until Xmas day.
However the prices may go back up again after Xmas eve so i could miss the bargains if i dont get them as prezzies!

Saying that tho i have no idea where i am going to find the time to play all these games anyway LOL.
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:50 am

Well i finally found my LBP2 disc last week and i promptly gave the Cross Controller DLC a go.
Have to say i was really impressed with how it works and it really adds some interesting thoughts on how the VITA could be used in future PS4 games.

Would love to see things like being able to call up Maps and other such things on the Vita while keeping your main game screen up. Also using it as a rear view mirror in racing games would be kinda call or perhaps as a remote camera in other games that might benefit from something like that.
Here is hoping that software houses look at how the VITA can interact with the Next Gen console and add more depth to certain games.
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:33 pm

Among other things I've read all PS4 games will have a compatible Vita game of some form.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:43 am

New Patch 2.60 is available as from today and is required to be able to use PSN functions.
Full details of what is included in the patch can be found here

Point of note is that you are able to Hide games from your Trophy List so if you are the sort of person that gets annoyed seeing lots of games sitting at 0% complete due to the fact you played a Demo or loaded up a game by mistake then you can now hide it from yourself and the rest of the world.
Doing this will also remove it from your PSN Level Stats as well.
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:08 am

Anyone else having trouble signing into the PSN since the latest update or am I missing something? I can sign in through settings but if I try to do anything else it keeps asking me to sign into PSN but won't do it.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennBacca Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:46 pm

So after thinking about this more or less since the Vita was released I have now decided to get one. I've been thinking a lot about this because I didn't want it to end up like it did with my PSP. I never bought a PSP as I never could afford it but I a friend of mine gave me his a few years ago because he didn't use it, and of course I ended up not really using it either.
But especially after getting PS Plus and getting free games every month I find myself wanting a Vita more and more.

Now to my point; I'm trying to find the best deal I can online. Ideally I want just the console and not a pack with games and stuff. The reason for this is that it's cheaper (usually) and because of PS Plus I already have several games.
So my question is simply do you guys know where I can find a good deal for this? I've been searching for it but can't seem to find anywhere that sells just the console at a reasonable price. I don't mind buying a pack or bundle or what it's called. But like I said ideally I want just the console.
So yeah, any tips?
GlennBacca
GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:55 am

I would say that your best bet for a really good deal now would be to go for a 2nd hand one on e-bay. You will most likely get a bunch of games thrown in as well as a memory card and possibly a case too.

As for getting one new now tho i would personally go out and get the one with Borderlands 2 game with it. It has the added bonus of including all the DLCs with it as well.

I still love the VITA and on my recent trip to the US i was playing my PS4 remotely on it which is a great feature as well.
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennBacca Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:22 am

I have been thinking about 2nd hand but haven't searched for it yet.

Great tip about the Borderlands one! Will definitely see if I can find that Cool

I have seen the remote play one the PS4 (and PS3?) but haven't really thought about it. But you can actually play PS4 with your Vita? That's awesome Very Happy Thanks for making me want Vita even more lol

But seriously, thanks for the tips Daz cheers Much appreciated Smile
GlennBacca
GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:14 pm

Yeah while i was over in Seattle i was able to play Destiny remotely. You have to do it over WIFI so it is dependent on how good the connection speeds are, with the sort of distance i was playing from over in Seattle meant i was getting a bit of lag and the odd dropped connection but it was certainly very playable.

Obviously the VITA only has two shoulder buttons so some games are easier than others to play depending on the controls. With Destiny the Shoulder buttons were for aiming and shooting on the VITA and then melee and throwing a nade were done by tapping different sides of the screen etc.

Also if you do get a VITA then certain games we will be able to help each other out on the Co-Op trophies Trophy cheers
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennBacca Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:54 pm

That's awesome! Does it only work on games installed on the console or does it work with discs as well? If the disc is inserted of course.

I am definitely getting a VITA, it's just a matter of when I can get it. Most likely december/january as it's both my birthday and christmas in december and usually about 50% of the presents I get are money. So I just have to save up a little and I'll be good to go Cool

Would be awesome to do some coop when I get it Trophy
GlennBacca
GlennBacca
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next