NSHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zombie time

+5
saint1970
madd_rocker
GreasedupBadger
Shane
Jessica
9 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Zombie time - Page 3 Empty Re: Zombie time

Post by Jessica Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:23 am

Zombies tonight! I've had enough of waiting in the lobby this week, and will definitely be there this time!

Hope there's 3 of you up for joining me, if there's 7 we can have 2 teams
Very Happy

Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:27 am

I'm in and since this is supposed to be map 2, which is brighter I may even try taping this one for the fun of it.

Shane
Admin

https://nshq.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GreasedupBadger Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:38 am

Im in, just so you know there is a hell of a lot more doors in the 2nd map. Stu get out of the bloody way man!!!

GreasedupBadger

Back to top Go down

Post by saint1970 Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:30 pm

im in, badger for someone who wants to get through a door you dont do much pussing. i think your all scared to go first and use my blocking skills as excuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
saint1970
saint1970

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:52 am

OK, sorry I didn't have the maps again, don't know why as I had downloaded them. I'll be ready for next time.

As for all the doors, I'll be in the corner of the room cowering so I don't care
lol!
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:38 am

Jessica has a corner affiction Laughing
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:17 pm

It's not an addiction, it's a great defense! Nobody can attack you from behind if you're in a corner Wink
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:59 am

I fancy playing zombies this Sunday night, and maybe having a quick chat before too. Anyone care to join me? I'll even do my best to get the maps sorted today, so map 2 will be the plan then.
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:21 am

I should be able to squeeze a little zombie time into my busy schedule for a night or 2 or 3... the way things are going.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm gamed if there is room
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:34 am

Well at least I had the second map this time. Shame only Shane knew his way around, I hate running around like a headless chicken trying to find doors/windows/weapons Rolling Eyes

Mmm, 9 then 7, not great, but I guess we didn't start too high on Nacht either, so there's hope yet Very Happy

I wont be on tonight, but hope to see you on Tuesday night for another go. It was refreshing to get into a game together, stay together, and not play any cheaters/glitchers Laughing
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:04 am

Jessica wrote:Well at least I had the second map this time. Shame only Shane knew his way around, I hate running around like a headless chicken trying to find doors/windows/weapons Rolling Eyes

Mmm, 9 then 7, not great, but I guess we didn't start too high on Nacht either, so there's hope yet Very Happy

I wont be on tonight, but hope to see you on Tuesday night for another go. It was refreshing to get into a game together, stay together, and not play any cheaters/glitchers Laughing

I know a few tactics for this but as always lack of ammo is the biggest enemy on this map!
As always the important thing is not to all go opening up doors willy nilly. You need to decide which tactic you are going to do so that everyone knows which door to leave closed.
My Best is Level 17 so i am keen to get this above 20 too as its my least played map and is the only one sub 20.
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:09 am

It was fun playing with stu, brock, and shane. Sorry, my fault that i forgot how many doors there were on the right-hand side, and i'll take the blame for a rediculous game that time. Rolling Eyes
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:53 am

I'm pretty sure we all made our share of mistakes last night Rocker. I know I blew it for us once. So I went creeping around Carbonfibah's zombie forum this morning and this sound like our best strategy to try out next....

"I got to lvl 40 with 4 players.

The strategy used was holding up on the balcony on the side with the double tap cola. The doors past the double tap cola through to the mystery box must remain closed.

You have (1) guy hold down the window and the other (3) line up along the wall past the zapper switch.
(1) guy standing,
(1) guy kneeling,
and the last guy prone.

If you are along the wall past the zapper switch the zombies will not go down the hallway with the double tap and only come in from either the window or balcony entrance near the double barrell shotgun. The guy holding the window is responsible for holding the last zombie at the window to give everyone a chance to roll the mystery box.

The hardest part is getting a decent weapon from the mystery box and having enough ammo.

Use lots of grenades which can be purchased off the wall near the double tap cola machine.

I would note that just past lvl 30 the zombies start acting wierd... At about lvl 34 or 35 they quit trying to get in and would just "mill about" in the courtyard and around the windows. It took alot of ammo the kill them, even the ray gun had a hard time downing them. We hung in until lvl 40 and comitted suicide, just wanted to get the lvl 40 milestone but lvls 36 to 40 were not much fun."
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:37 pm

Sounds good to me. You'll have to remind me tomorrow night Very Happy
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:42 pm

that was exactly what i wanted to do, but I forgot how many doors and their prices silent
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by GreasedupBadger Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:02 am

Great game to finish the night off guys, we were going along nicely then it seemed they decided to swarm and over-run us. I think the tactics worked well and the only thing I would do different next time is to make better use of the electric fence, it gives us all a chance to reload both guns and with a bit of luck should help us reach round 20. We all need to have 3 of the perks, double tap is a waste imo, we go through ammo quick enough as it is. Round 17 not a bad start at all, well played guys.
GreasedupBadger
GreasedupBadger

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:25 am

Since Jess would like to make it past Round 9 tonight here's a general battle plan with visuals and everything.

Zombie time - Page 3 Ver_1s10
First Floor

Zombie time - Page 3 Ver_2n10
Second Floor

We start at A and B. By around level 5, the B group will need at least 2000 points each to make the run upstairs to the power room so the A group can join them. Once the power is turned on the A group needs to make a run through B, grab Thompsons on the way by and meet the B group at C. If there is still time, grab betties and plant them around D and check the box. The Mystery Box is at C to start with. We'll stick it out for a couple of rounds at D until we can get a crawler.

Once we get a crawler, we head back downstairs so we can work our way through A and B headed up the stairs at A to E boarding up windows as we go. E is where we made our stand last night and it worked pretty well. Just a rough idea but Stu watching the opening on the Balcony. Jess and I holding the balcony where they will be coming from the stairs and the wall. Brock where he was last night holding the hallway by the Double Tap Machine. Then last as long as you can.

I think Brock is right the Double tap perk isn't really needed but when we can keep a crawler between rounds get whatever perks you can, get new weapons, board up windows. Note using this plan we never open the two doors between C and E and shouldn't have to worry about zombies coming up the stairs at C. Hopefully the box doesn't move to that room and we'll be all good. I think anything above Round 15 would make for goal accomplished on this one. These zombies tend to come fast and use up a lot of ammo.
Shane
Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:06 pm

Last night was a good tune-up for you guys, and now you have an idea as to how it is done. personally, I would put more betties down around the positions where stu and shane are as a fall back and defense against flankers, it will happen if somebody is to far down on the hallway with the mp40. It was fun doing it with you three (terry, brock, and shane)
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Wow! Nice plan Shane. I have a funny feeling you might just have to say 'stand here' to me once we get upstairs, as I can't remember the layout that quickly and wont be able to see my pc plan in game.

Sounds good to me, now just getting 2000 points before we get upstairs seems the hard part, especially as the first game we played last time I only saw 1 zombie in the first 3 rounds to shoot from the 2 windows I was in charge of
Laughing
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:52 am

I've decided - I don't like Verruckt! Laughing

We didn't do too badly last night, thanks to Rambo Zem too. We made it to round 13.
Nacht was much better afterwards, only round 11, but we did have some really bad weapons.

It did make me laugh on Verruckt when I died and Zem said "Jess, use your ray gun". I'm not sure what he thought I had been using for the previous 20 minutes, but it wasn't my Colt that's for sure
lol!
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:06 am

Shane, you can open both the Doors to the Power Room so if the Box does go to C then you can open the 1000 credit door and get to it without effecting the strategy. There is no value opening it before the Box goes in there tho as the Trench Gun and STG are not worth it.
However the most important thing is NOT to open the 750 door that leads back to the Balcony as thats the one that forces all the Zombies into your Chokehold. If the Box goes to C you just have to walk around the whole building around to it.

I think this is the Best Tactic tho the problem comes when the Zombies take so many Bullets to kill in the later levels.
I also agree with Rocker too, Get as many Betties as you can in between
Stu and Shane and in the room behind Brock so that if he has to back right up you have a chance of recovering.

Also something that has not been mentioned that you really need to consider if you have not already is to use the electric fence if the Zombies start to overrun you. Shane being the Closest can activate it easily and should do it the second either Stu or Jess goes down as your then protected, If its Jess then Shane can simply run forward and revive, If its Stu then Shane Runs back to revive Stu with Jess providing cover from the Zombies coming through the Window Stu was trying to hold.

Biggest Problem with holding here tho is that the available gun if you run out of ammo mid round is the blooming MP40. It may have be overpowered in MP mode but in Zombies it has to be the weakest Gun there is! I even prefer the crappy wooden things LOL
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by mythus Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:37 pm

There is one benift to not opening the 1000 door on the power room. There is a window at the bottom of the stairs in the power room, if that door is not opened the zombies do not enter from that window. You can use the electric room as another choke hold, as you have only the one door to guard. If everyone is against the 1000 door or 2 in the back and the other two where the box is you can have a clear fire zone on the door. This is good to hold as long as the box is in this room. Then if you still have the hallway on the other side, you can hold that as long as the box stays near the Juggernog machine. Two hold outs is always better than just one.
mythus
mythus
Combat Knife Expert
Combat Knife Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:46 pm

Personally i like to have both mp40 and shotgun, but in the later rounds all the weapons go south and start shooting rubber bullets Crying or Very sad
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:18 pm

I noticed plenty of betty's being dished out by Shane and Zem, but not one of them went off Shocked

Did they both have dud betty's or is there some cheating zombie 'anti-betty' glitch
Question
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DazzaFett Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:14 pm

Not come across non exploding Betties before! Are you sure that Stu knows how to set one? Wink

Good tip on the 1000 power room door Terry, I didn't know that the Zombies wont come in the window at the bottom of the stairs if that one stays closed.
So i guess that backs up that you really only have to open it if the box moves to inside that room thus just leaving you with the one choke hold on the Balcony

Rocker i cant see how you cope with the MP40! Not very powerful and the recoil means you end up wasting more bullets then you can afford to. I much prefer the Thompson as a fall back to anything good coming from the box.

Another Varient to the Tactic when ammo is getting har to come by is for someone to stand next to the nades by the 750 door and just keep buying and throwing them down the corridor towards the top of the stairs. In this senario then Jess would be the best person to move and do this tho obviously its the person that is low on ammo that should do it so a quick reshuffle of places may be needed.
DazzaFett
DazzaFett

Back to top Go down

Post by madd_rocker Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:22 pm

Dazza, the shotgun is the main, the mp40 2nd. Only use it when the number of zombies is 4 or more, and then I'm a headhunter at the window anyways. The worst problem that i have seen on betties, is that even though the zombies are on the stairs or at the window, sometimes a betty will go off inadvertly with no one around it.
madd_rocker
madd_rocker
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:47 pm

It was definitely Zem and Shane's betty's that didn't work, so I think we just found some glitching zombies lol.

I like the idea of me nade tossing, I like to do that upstairs on Nacht too, then use my weapon to defend if someone's down or reloading. It kills a lot at the door, and sometimes gets a nice crawler too.

I found (on Verruckt) standing just in front of the top of the balcony, but 'behind' the door to the right is best. You can fire down the corridor to back up the person in front of you, if a zombie comes through the door to the right (i.e. gets past the person in that hallway) you get time to shoot him, and you can back up the person drfending the top of the balcony (behind you) too if needed.
Very Happy
Jessica
Jessica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next